Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

This is going to be the iconic landmark as promised by Daniel Libeskind, Fernbrook, Casltepoint and Citizen. The more i see the more i love. It will be even better than I imagined. Great construction. Solid build. Thank-you Dominus

Thank-you Drum118 - Wow!!! I am looking at the shot of the glass along Yonge Street and comparing it to the 6 foot original rendering on my wall.... Wow... It looks exactly like the section of glass completed along Yonge Street. Same tint, color and appeal. No kidding. Then agin I do have the night rendering which makes it look spectacular, which makes the actual building during daylight way better than I expected. I thought the night rendering was a dream look, and that it could never look quite as good. Usually renderings are so far off from what the building ends up looking like. Not this one. Fantastic!!!!!

Thanks for posting updated photos of the construction :)

Last edited:
Drum wrote: What I am seeing for the current wall, it's one of the best ones I have seen to date.

I am not that familiar with different types of walls (yet). What is it that makes this one so outstanding? just curious...

Toronto Iconic Landmark L-Tower

Yes the original boot is gone lol but honestly, the new design of the base will look better. Have some faith :)

BTW thank-you everyone for posting all those amazing new photos. Much appreciated :)

Last edited:
The closest colour is that found on Mazda products, "newport slate metallic" like:

2011_mazda_mx5_autoaddiction_0004.jpg

I don't really understand the excitement about this cladding. It looks like the cheap stuff used in every Cityplace building (and it certainly ends up looking even worse after about 2 years of wear). In fact, it looks like the stuff they were using in Cityplace buildings 6 years ago, and which they have now moved on from.

This building has a unique shape. Unfortunately, I think the failure to use curtain wall cheapens this to the point that it will probably look worse, in terms of fit and finish, than that cruise ship condo building at Bayview and Sheppard.

But they are using curtain wall, well for one side at least.
I would agree its a shame it wasn't used for all, but I think its a stretch to compare it to The Arc or CP buildings(individually some of which I'd argue aren't that bad either) just yet .

forgive me, but what exactly is CurtainWall? sometimes when I see the pictures here, the blue looks metallic and sometimes it looks baby blue. I guess it depends on the way the light hits it which will be really interesting when it's done.

They are using curtianwall on the northside.

It's a cladding system where the windows hang off of the concrete slabs rather than sitting on top of them. This building is kind of interesting because you can see the difference between curtainwall and windowwall fairly clearly

So what is it that makes curtainwall so much nicer than windowall? Can someone give us an explanation as to the actual reasons curtain wall is nicer, rather than showing examples or just saying it has nicer aesthetics?

So what is it that makes curtainwall so much nicer than windowall? Can someone give us an explanation as to the actual reasons curtain wall is nicer, rather than showing examples or just saying it has nicer aesthetics?
It really comes down to preference. I would say most people prefer curtainwall just because of the seamless aesthetic. Curtainwall isnt always better than windowwall, if the application is right windowwall can look a lot better for the building it is on. In most cases though, that seamless office building look is what gives curtainwall its fanbase....once again just kinda my opinion its hard to put facts down on something purely subjective

Back