Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

I also think the blue looks good and is a happy change from the usual grey, going up everywhere. When the sun hits this tower, it will look wonderful. The white spandrel also is a nice touch.

It would be nice if all that blue we are seeing was a protective film that will be peeled off when the tower is finished to reveal a stainless steel cladding (which is how the tower appeared in the renderings).

L tower around 6:35 this morning.

LtowerDawnFeb2-12.png

That's a great angle in that photo!

Thanks Tewder. Wanted to get something a little different from the angles I've commonly seen. Bit of a challenge for my little camera at that hour but I shrugged and shot it anyway. It's only going to get more interesting as it rises. Going to be a wonderful subject for shooters in the years to come.

I would never call the tone of blue here "striking." Muted perhaps?

105vc.jpg

I don't think this building was ever meant to be muted. with its star architect, I think he probably envisioned something totally different from what surrounds it - the brown Scotia Tower, the aquamarine green London, the white King West.

I was thinking that it's pretty close to seafoam green... it must be on the next colour chip.

The blue they used here is worlds away from sea-foam green. I'm not sure how you find them to be similar at all.

Anyways, in urbandreamer's photo, it looks like a very muted blue, but I don't know if his photo is an accurate representation. On one hand it could be a building that also looks good on overcast days when it's more muted, but I sort of hope that they used materials that always have a noticeable, unique blue colour. This building should really stand out!

Back