Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Every day I drive by this site and every day I find myself amazed that a 200m tower will somehow rise from this crowded sliver of a foundation.

I can't agree with that any more. this tower is gonna be HUGE! considering the east side of Yonge St generally low-lying, L tower is gonna be visible from almost everywhere up/down yonge (i'll emphasize the "almost" again). it's just weird knowing how low-lying this intersection is. I've always found it awkward since it's sort of the transition zone from financial district, to other side of the railway tracks, etc. this towers gonna a complete area changer (along with 300 front, aura, and 1 bloor).

Depending on how this one turns out, Backstage could be a good/bad thing. but it would SUCK if this turned out amazing, and backstage turns out like crap! :p

This along with The Berczy & Market Warf are going to have a huge impact on The Esplanade. I'm sure it's going to ramp up, an already busy neighbourhood. The pedestrian traffic in downtown Toronto gets busier by the day. It's hard to imagine what it will be like with all these new towers going up. We might become a thriving 24 hour city after-all.

This along with The Berczy & Market Warf are going to have a huge impact on The Esplanade. I'm sure it's going to ramp up, an already busy neighbourhood. The pedestrian traffic in downtown Toronto gets busier by the day. It's hard to imagine what it will be like with all these new towers going up. We might become a thriving 24 hour city after-all.

Toronto is a thoroughly twenty-four city right now. Some of the twenty-four hour places are less legal than others, mind you...

I'm loving all the non-vertical (angled) rebar in those pics on the previous page! For me this building is #1 most anticipated of anything currently u/c. I think L Tower and Shangri-la are 2 huge skyline changers which will work to widen the traditional peak shape of the finanical district.

Last edited:
I'm loving all the non-vertical (angled) rebar in those pics on the previous page! For me this building is #1 most anticipated of anything currently u/c. I think L Tower and Shangri-la are 2 huge skyline changers which will work to widen the traditional peak shape of the finanical district.

imo, this one is still sorta under the radar. Aura seems to be getting a lot more attention.
and yes, the angled columns look cool.
they'll form the inverted V shaped section at the base of the tower on the south-east corner.

spacer.gif

http://media.photobucket.com/image/l tower toronto base/brise99/L-Tower/L-Towersouthwest.jpg

I've never seen that render Steve...Its great and shows a new angle that makes the building look almost trapezoidal. In fact now that I think of it, I've only seen maybe two pictures of the new design. Are there more where that came from? I still can't even figure out the exact orientation of the building. Does the curved face of the building look east over the sony centre or is it more north-facing? I feel stupid asking, but since Yonge and Front make it an angled lot, I'm not sure of the exact direction.

Well said Redroom, and I agree. This has the chance to be iconic in more than just the overused sense of that word.

Steveve to the rescue. Damn that model is fantastic. Still can't get over it.

That is really helpful because I was sure the curve was to face much more eastward and I didn't think it would blend well with 1 King E when viewed from the south. I likey.

That hue of blue in the last rendering is nice. Hopefully that can be reproduced on the actual building.

Back