Barrie Harmony Village Lake Simcoe | ?m | 25s | City Core | RAW Design

Didn't anyone think that it was strange that they held a design competition, including voting by the public, and then announced that THREE firms won and the competing firms all had to collaborate together on an all-new design that nobody actually voted or judged? This sounds like a recipe for disaster!

June 30

The sales office is under construction.

The sad thing for this development as well the other ones, there is no street present on the south side as a nice dirt parking lot runs the full length. It is to service the boaters who have setup trailers there as well as an over full area for the parking lots on the other side of the road.

If you get a south unit, need to be on the 5th floor up to get a view of the bay.
9196264648_a4dced6078_b.jpg

9196279308_5b3b6e3e22_b.jpg

From the GO Station
9193490279_4bfc45934c_b.jpg

9196290792_68b44df4cf_b.jpg

9193501881_2af23eab3a_b.jpg

The city has put the development on hold due to a height increase, they now want the towers to range from 30s - 15s.
The city is also looking at the height restrictions, there may be lots of changes coming to barrie.
This new development is under construction right now accross from city hall.
http://www.mady.com/developments/collier-centre/

Then there is this one next to the bus station. Didn't look at the other ones since none of them are on my radar.
9193511659_a078885aaf_b.jpg

that last one is actually the most horrendous, with five stories of blank wall and false windows, hiding a parking garage I presume? the density is great, but I cannot believe the rest. walking around in a city made up entirely of this type of building would be terrifying.

The Mady Development is going in across from city hall where foodland sat and is well under construction, on the 3rd story i believe and it will be 15x2 with 3-4 story retail podium with a BMO bank and sobeys.
The first tower will be all office lead tenant barrison law then city hall.
And the other tower will be residential witch is 100% sold out.
And for that eyesore by the bus terminal it is outdated architecture that was approved in 2004.

Aside from a handful of historic buildings on and around Dunlop street, it's an accurate statement. The city's mediocrity is only amplified further given its size.

Back