Toronto George Brown College Waterfront Campus | ?m | 8s | George Brown | KPMB

I hope they build the second phase to to the north without delay. The single chunk looks truncated without it. The entire two-part composition with adjoining bridges will be elegant, much more so than the first phase by itself.

Sorry, forgive me for mistaking such an ambiguous and vague term such as "hunchback" as anything other then a crude insult. BTW i've been visting this site and posting for 4 years now. Now, do you care to give a relevent response to my comment or shall we continue with childish, extraneous banter?

If that were true, why does the record show a join date of Jan 2012 and a post count of 3?

Extremely curious. As is his blatantly crude attempt to change the channel with the words "childish" and "extraneous".

Our not-so-newbie seems oddly familiar.....

IMG2419-L.jpg

Looks like the views north west will be great. At least until it's all filled in by southcore, etc.

I hope they build the second phase to to the north without delay. The single chunk looks truncated without it. The entire two-part composition with adjoining bridges will be elegant, much more so than the first phase by itself.

While having the second phase will be welcome, IMO you need to wait to see what landscaping goes in before passing judgement on how it'll look. The big mound north of Corus, which is just a future construction site, looks great and blends nicely with Sugar Beach -- I expect something similar will make GBC look much better as well.

Went for a bike down here on Saturday -- lots of people out & about -- and this is a really exciting project. It's going to really inject some life into the area!

This is turning out nicely but I don't like it for this context. Just an opinion though.

I think some fish-scale type metal cladding (think AGO) would have looked awesome in lieu of that lifeless, dull, non-reflective silver corrugated cladding.

Just an idea I've had all along the way.

Yeah, or zinc cladding. But this project was under some serious budgetary issues as per postings way back. Not crazy about vast expanses of it on the lecture hall "box", but I thought it worked well in accentuating the horizontal elsewhere on the building.

AoD

I wasn't crazy about it at first either, but it's grown on me. It's a nice call-back to the area's warehouse-y, utilitarian past.

Back