Toronto George Brown College Waterfront Campus | ?m | 8s | George Brown | KPMB

I guess nowadays....it must be painfull being an anti-development bloke in this booming city

I wouldn't know as I'm not anti-development. I've bought and lived in three new developments and invested in a regeneration area. How about you?

We'll chock up your assumption to an ongoing habit of yours to miss the mark. You can go back to super-dupertall frothing.

A clear reference to the waterfront's industrial heritage.

I agree. It's an aesthetic that's seemingly inevitably represented in the George Brown building, Jill Anholt's art thingys and the angular pavilion to the south of it at Sherbourne Common, the unequivocal Corus building that faces the huge Redpath barn, and the aA condos across from 1 Yonge Street.

IMG1545-L.jpg

IMG1548-L.jpg

IMG1549-L.jpg

IMG1552-L.jpg

Nice pics.............!!!!

For the record, I don't mean that as a bad thing... :) I think it's an interesting design! It exposes some of its functions visually without falsifying them or overstating them like a building like Centre Pompidou is at risk of doing. Again, that's not a criticism against that building, but I mean to say I think this building has smart design choices... very restrained yet interesting.

oh I didn't actually read that as a negative. I thought it was just a cleaver way of describing the massing! It'll look great once it's done, and I too like the way it emphasizes some of its interior functionality without calling too much attention to itself.

to box or not to box....

The Hunchback of Notre Brown

I don't know what to say to people here anymore. First people complain that Toronto has too many boxy-like structures. Then we get a few new concept buildings and people call them ugly monstrosities! What do you want??!!:mad:

As you will see directly below my comment, I said that I wasn't criticizing it and that I like the design.

I don't know what to say to people here anymore.

That's right, mustangjay in his second post, said "I don't know what to say to people here anymore".

Meaning he's clearly posted more than once before. Many more times, obviously. Presumably under at least one other name.

Perhaps someone with a history of bannings?

That's right, mustangjay in his second post, said "I don't know what to say to people here anymore".

Meaning he's clearly posted more than once before. Many more times, obviously. Presumably under at least one other name.

Perhaps someone with a history of bannings?

Sorry, forgive me for mistaking such an ambiguous and vague term such as "hunchback" as anything other then a crude insult. BTW i've been visting this site and posting for 4 years now. Now, do you care to give a relevent response to my comment or shall we continue with childish, extraneous banter?

Back