Toronto Garrison Point | 118.56m | 35s | Cityzen | Hariri Pontarini

IMG_5889.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5889.JPG
    IMG_5889.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,484
This might be off topic but what is the metal beam structures over the railroad tracks seen from the picture above my posting ? Are they eventually going to cover the railroad tracks and put a park on top? Or is there room to run a highway on top etc?

Permanent struts for the Strachan Avenue Rail Underpass
They will be staying as is, no plans to cover them.

That's too bad. Its looks wide enough to run the 400, Black Creek drive highway on top of it. Completing that extension to the downtown core.

That's too bad. Its looks wide enough to run the 400, Black Creek drive highway on top of it. Completing that extension to the downtown core.

Not going to happen even if the structure can handle it - no EA for one and the underpass is only partial and doesn't extend that far to do anything for that scheme.

AoD

Okay, some news:

As was mentioned in the Growth To Watch For story covering this area, things have changed a bit down here at Garrison Point. Now, only the first two of the towers are being built by Cityzen as condominiums. The other three towers—two on the south side of Ordinance at Strachan and one on the north side, have been sold to Bentall Kennedy, although Cityzen is retaining partial ownership of those two sites. Bentall is beginning excavation on the two towers on the south side now, and the previous two posts—recording the recent site activity there—have been moved to a new thread for that block. It looks like those two buildings will be marketed as Novus when they open as rentals in the next few years. Hariri Pontarini is being retained as the architect for that site, and while the buildings still have a Garrison Point look to them, they are now boxier. No word on when the 49-storey tower on the last block will be developed, or if Bentall Kennedy will also build it as a rental, or if they will retain bKL architecture.

Meanwhile, here at the Garrison Point Condos, Cityzen is already into the excavation (as the photos attest). They're building their two towers and associated podiums in two phases… or at least, that's how the plans which were submitted for Site Plan Approval have it. The first phase is the 29-storey south tower and podium, PLUS the podium of the 35-storey north tower. The second phase will be the north tower itself. No word yet on how long between the phases.

So, now you're up to date.

Actually 42 I believe you are correct with everything you stated but my understanding though I could be wrong is that the first phase and second phase of Cityzen's 2 towers are both proceeding at the same time (in other words the North and South towers are both going up together). The 2nd building (the North building) is being built as a purpose built residential for now though depending on market conditions it may be converted to condo sales when ready. It will be a function of market conditions.
The 2 towers South of Ordnance have been sold quite a while ago. I cannot comment on the the 3rd building site (the last of 5 building sites)but I am not aware and you could well be correct that the 3rd tower site (the 5th building) may have been sold.
Can you please confirm your information about the 5th building in as much as you have it from a confirmed source and the 5th site has in fact been also sold

Diesel trains run through the open cut which probably complicates throwing a roof on it. You can never have enough open space for the rapidly growing population. A localized transit corridor (LRT) would make more sense than a highway too.

What are the latest renderings?

Novus feels far slabbier than the previous renderings for the site.

Back