Toronto Four Eleven King Condominiums | 149.04m | 45s | Great Gulf | KPMB

It amazes me how temporary big box buildings are. They demolished a roughly ten year old Walmart to build a Lowes on a slightly modified footprint at Warden & Eglinton.

Yeah, and people wonder why our economy has gone down the tubes. That being said, I'm sure this LCBO will be here for a very long time just like the ugly LCBO further north on Spadina.

Its sad that we are one of the few countries in the world that the government still runs/controls the liquor business.

Few? Countries?

Read up on the concept of economies of scale and be happy instead

I'm not sure how relevant the concept is considering Ontario is still one of the more costlier provinces to buy booze. On the other hand, we're untouchable in variety and, IMO, that's more importance than a few dollars spared.

from yesterday.

pano-1.jpg

I've been told by someone who's reviewed the plans for this site that it will actually be a massive three-storey LCBO. I'll try to obtain a copy of the PDF and post it here.

Feel free to discuss/attack my credibility until then.

I've been told by someone who's reviewed the plans for this site that it will actually be a massive three-storey LCBO. I'll try to obtain a copy of the PDF and post it here.

Liar!:D

A monopolist has no incentive to pass savings from economies of scale on to the consumer.

Nor do small liquor chains in convenient locations, which end up becoming monopolies of their own. Many a time the nearest liquor store in Alberta was typically a small independent retailer that sold a case of Keiths for $15.

I really, really, really hope that's true. :cool:

I would prefer an even taller store but I'll take three floors.

Last edited:
how to bring prices down

Nor do small liquor chains in convenient locations, which end up becoming monopolies of their own. Many a time the nearest liquor store in Alberta was typically a small independent retailer that sold a case of Keiths for $15.

if there was a store selling beer on every corner the price would come down - assuming it's not the same chain monopolizing an industry sector (i.e. Shoppers). YK.

Back