Hamilton FirstOntario Centre Renovations | ?m | 4s | OVG | BBB

Curious which exterior cladding system they're going to go with. Hoping they don't just replace what they had with the same thing. There's a good opportunity here for new colour, texture etc. Could make this look like a totally new venue.

Fingers still crossed that they actually put in a new video board as part of this whole deal.
They've all but guaranteed that's part of the renovation. I'm more interested though in their plans to have FOC better integrate with York Blvd.

HUPEG also penned a letter in support of the condo development across the street at the Philpott Church.

1 $280MM+ Permit Please! I want to believe that this will happen, sadly still a skeptic.
I mean, they've already somewhat started. A new dumpster has been appearing almost daily and filled. A crane was dropped off yesterday into the delivery entrance off Bay St N so it seems they might have conditional approval to do some demo.

It's kind of insane how the renovation date never seems to arrive. It feels like it has been a few months away for 100 months.

It's kind of insane how the renovation date never seems to arrive. It feels like it has been a few months away for 100 months.
You are not wrong. We've been kind of strung along now for over a year and a half. I suspect something will be done, but I will happily wait until it gets started before getting too excited.

Hamilton operates sooo much slower than Toronto does and it's painful sometimes.

You are not wrong. We've been kind of strung along now for over a year and a half. I suspect something will be done, but I will happily wait until it gets started before getting too excited.

Hamilton operates sooo much slower than Toronto does and it's painful sometimes.
What's kind of funny is that they first said that the reno would be $50 million-plus or something like that... and the number has reached $280 million, which sounds like a lot, and it is. I was stunned by that number and it will be great if Copps gets that major a reno.

But Scotiabank Arena, which has been well-maintained throughout, just casually announced an upcoming $350 million update. Obviously, Copps can't really compare with Scotiabank, but still very funny to contrast the two stories.

Second time in the last two weeks I've seen huge trailer trucks dropping off equipment or material. I know major construction seems to be starting in the spring, but it seems like some minor work that doesn't require permits might have already started.

Alternatively it could be for an upcoming show, but I haven't seen this kind of this dropped off for Disney on Ice, and it seems a bit early for Monster Truck in April
1000004288.jpg

I wonder if they will be sharing updated renderings or details of the work to be performed. Still a bit nervous about this whole thing.

Any news on the closing of the shelter across the street? I know the developer of the arena wanted to see that happen around the same time of the renovations.

Back