Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I believe phase 1 is the larger 58 storey tower. That's good to know it's selling. 640ft is still pretty tall for Yonge & Eglington and will become the tallest tower in this intersection, eclipsing Quantum 2 at 541ft. At the present moment Quantum 2 is the tallest tower in Toronto outside of the downtown area. This record will be eclipsed soon by three buildings: Hullmark Centre North which will climb to 551ft, E Condos which will climb to 640ft, and Eau Du Soleil which will climb to 754ft (Once the dust settles, Eau Du Soleil will be the tallest tower in Toronto outside of downtown.)

^ You are right. I totally forgot about Lago. It's hard to keep track of all these towers. So I stand corrected, when the dust settles Quantum 2 will drop from #1 to #5 for the tallest tower in Toronto outside of the downtown.

Waterways, beside Lago, will be another 7 storeys taller than it, (although we don't know how many metres tall it will be), so there's another which will bump Quantum 2 another notch down.

I think it will actually be 540 ft (I saw that somewhere yesterday, forget where). So 1 ft too short. Sales aren't doing well for it at all though so waterways is likely still a long ways off.

yep haha. in 2003 we had 10, we currently have 28 built with 21 under construction, with a couple more coming very soon!

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4P 2C6

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 13 229440 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Sep 3, 2013

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a new mixed use building comprised of two residential towers 58 stories and 38 stories in height respectively connected by a podium containing retail (1866m2) and office (3216m2) uses. Included in the proposal is the demolition and replacement of 30 existing rental dwelling units. Proposal will contain 830 dwelling units (72160m2) complete with 4level below grade parking facility. See related 13-148633 SA.

On Basiz site they stated they are going to be releasing the second phase soon ... so by all accounts this is going ahead ... great news !

This area has a long way to catch up to younger and Sheppard. Hopefully this building allows future development to happen easier then before when nimbys had more power.

This area has a long way to catch up to younger and Sheppard. Hopefully this building allows future development to happen easier then before when nimbys had more power.

I would say the opposite. I think Yonge and Sheppard has a long way to go to catch up with Yonge and Eglinton. For walkability, transit, entertainment options, etc., Yonge and Eglinton wins hands down. I didn't know we were rating the success of neighbourhoods based on how many tall buildings they have.

agreed with SMT! The Y-S area is tall, but very pedestrian un-friendly (and I live there...), a concrete jungaloo of some sort. I hope it will gain a bit from the Hullmark and Emerald Park additions.

Back