News   Mar 28, 2024
 338     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 351     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 702     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

I am a big tea drinker, but never cared for Teavana. The teas and the stores did not really grab me, so I won't miss it. What does make me sad is that Teavana bought out Teaopia, which I did like. Teaopia might have gone under on its own, but sad that Teavana made it disappear and then is being shut down itself.

I was never impressed by Teavana either, and happier with David's Tea until I found out how many of their tea blends they add sugar too. Feh!

Mendocino is having a Closing sale. I'm not sure if they are relocating elsewhere in the mall or leaving for good.

From the way the artwork is put up on the hoarding, I think Sweet Jesus and Auntie Anne's will be splitting the former H&R Block / Lids space. The former Big It Up space might still be available.

You fellow tea drinkers need to see Marisha the owner and tea sommelier at House of Tea. That is the best place In TO for tea.

Agreed. Although increasingly my favourite teas are all from Murchie's, purchased online, which I am fast realizing is Canada's best (as well as oldest IIRC) tea merchant.

Starbucks will be closing all their Teavana stores, including the location at Eaton Centre, right next to the upcoming Sweet Jesus and Auntie Anne's stores. [...]

[...] What does make me sad is that Teavana bought out Teaopia, which I did like. Teaopia might have gone under on its own, but sad that Teavana made it disappear and then is being shut down itself.

Starbucks buying Teaopia to integrate it into the Teavana banner, and then eventually shutting down Teavana, reminds me of when Indigo bought Cruikshanks, didn't know what to do with it, and they shut it down. Remember when the Indigo at the Eaton Centre (and elsewhere, I presume) suddenly started selling bulbs and gardening tools, and then suddenly they weren't? Heither Reisman destroyed a well loved Toronto institution.

Hoarding is up over the Jean Machine space on the first level.

The hoarding that went up the day before was blank so I wasn't sure if they were renovating or leaving...today the hoarding has been covered with a message that say they are renovating and will re-open in early Sept.

Back