Toronto Downtown Condos at Wellington West | 36.57m | 11s | Parallax | Sweeny &Co

...if it is a mural, and not just a bad rendering of the building remaining at the corner. Let's hope 'bad rendering'. BAD RENDERING!

...if it is a mural, and not just a bad rendering of the building remaining at the corner. Let's hope 'bad rendering'. BAD RENDERING!

I believe "bad rendering" is correct.

Both 518 and 520 Wellington W were included on the City's list of heritage properties last June, and while some would argue that fact doesn't carry much weight I think it's sometimes used as a negotiating point between the City and a developer (i.e., greater density allowance in return for an agreement to maintain a heritage structure).

My understanding was that the building on the corner would be the restaurant for the hotel (whether physically attached or not I don't know), but based on the quote below it sounds like SpadinaBus has a better understanding of the plans.

Relax, the pub is not part of this development. The Wellington stays.

Just who the hell is expected to be staying at all of these new hotels anyway? They're popping up like Starbucks.

You used to be able to keep track of hotel developments, now there are so many new projects. This one like many of its predecessors looks great in its rendering, assuming that the current heritage buildings stay. So, it'll be a nice addition to the street, and not that far out.

^Yes, but are they the same people at all the Starbucks in town?

I'll take a wild guess... People who are visiting Toronto?

You mean the 200 people from Buffalo?

I don't know what Toronto's tourism numbers actually are, but I was under the impression that the industry was struggling (business visitors aside). I guess tourism has improved drastically over the last few years?

My guess would be Paris.

Oh please people, we have a couple of Balzacs around town now - in the Distillery and in Liberty Village. Pretty soon there will be Balzacs everywhere in town and people will travel from around the world for our Balzacs.

Back