Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

welcome to UT Wildymyst ... I guess there aren't much purchasers from Concord Park Place on this forum ... but to respond to your questions based on my multiple visits to the presentation centre:

1. floorplans seem well laid out ... definitely better than some Cityplace buildings
  2. only 3 finishing/colour packages to select from, NO this is not a trend, YUP that is definitely cookie cutter way for the builder to save costs + time by limiting options, I personally don't like their standard finishes
  3. Discovery 1+2 seems to offer good amenties, my only concern is these amenities are being shared by all 4 towers, which may mean a lot of people
  4. unit exposure + view surely makes $$ difference, generally south is most expensive because of more sunlight, and in this case more so, since IKEA is to the south which will not block any views (and no plans for the lands to be sold and redeveloped for condos)
  5. unit facing east here may be slightly less desirable since there is a railway line
  6. unit facing west may be looking right into 'future' towers (when built on land west + south of Canadian Tire)
  7. unit facing north may be looking right into 'future' towers (I believe McDonalds property is planned to be sold and redeveloped)
  8. based on the above, if money is of no object, I would surely choose the south side (preferably in towers A or B)

March 3 2009

Looks like they are almost finsihed romoving dirt from some of the site.
Pics 005.jpg

Pics 004.jpg

Pics 003.jpg

Does anybody know why they are driving steel beams into the ground on the east half of the site. They been doing this for the past few months.

Attachments

• Pics 005.jpg
    Pics 005.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 448
  • Pics 004.jpg
    Pics 004.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 447
  • Pics 003.jpg
    Pics 003.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 427
Gas Station

welcome to UT Wildymyst ... I guess there aren't much purchasers from Concord Park Place on this forum ... but to respond to your questions based on my multiple visits to the presentation centre:

1. floorplans seem well laid out ... definitely better than some Cityplace buildings
  2. only 3 finishing/colour packages to select from, NO this is not a trend, YUP that is definitely cookie cutter way for the builder to save costs + time by limiting options, I personally don't like their standard finishes
  3. Discovery 1+2 seems to offer good amenties, my only concern is these amenities are being shared by all 4 towers, which may mean a lot of people
  4. unit exposure + view surely makes $$ difference, generally south is most expensive because of more sunlight, and in this case more so, since IKEA is to the south which will not block any views (and no plans for the lands to be sold and redeveloped for condos)
  5. unit facing east here may be slightly less desirable since there is a railway line
  6. unit facing west may be looking right into 'future' towers (when built on land west + south of Canadian Tire)
  7. unit facing north may be looking right into 'future' towers (I believe McDonalds property is planned to be sold and redeveloped)
  8. based on the above, if money is of no object, I would surely choose the south side (preferably in towers A or B)

Thanks for the info and for the welcome Solaris!

-If McDonalds is eventually sold, whoever bought that should also try to buy that independent gas station there and make something nicer and more integrated to the rest of the development.
-I'm just guessing but maybe the gas station would want quite a bit of money if they do sell because it looks like an eye sore and they probably know someone's going to knock on their door wanting to rezone it to something else nicer
-Do people even go there to buy gas? There aren't many independent gas stations around these days

Canadian Tire Building

I figure that if and when they do get the Canadian Tire headquarters built, the traffic would be crazy just going through one of the entrances at Singer Crt. whether it's dropping off people or entering and leaving the proximity

Does anyone have an idea when construction will start with the Headquarters there?

Just wondering what the easements to the the Leslie station and the rest of the development would be like. Probably a far fetch to believe there could be an underground from the Discovery buildings through the Canadian Tire Headqaurters building to the subway eh?

Good to see there's movement happening here. Hate the big empty fields though I suppose the western end of the site will be empty for a long while.

March 7 2009 update

views of Discovery 1+2 complimentary with my IKEA breakfast ~

IMG_3467-1.jpg
IMG_3468-1.jpg

Looks like steel piles used to anchor a tower in poor soil conditions. The alternative (or used in tandem) is a raft slab; gigantic concrete block as seen at the Four Season in Yorkville. The piles may also be LEED related.

April 13 2009 update

Concord Park is still diggin'

IMG_3674.jpg
IMG_3675.jpg

Contract issues?

Has anyone successfully asked Concord to add the floorplan of the unit into their Purchase and Sales agreement? Or any amendments at all? :(

As usual, I find that the contract was written to protect the builder fully, but I just want to see if anyone has successfully asked them to make slight changes to the contract to protect us slightly?

Anything else anyone has found to be frustrating dealing with the Concord people?

thanks guys!

Do you think it would be work the extra money (investment wise) to buy in the towers A or B (floors 9+) as opposed to the 12-floor low-rise beside McDonalds? ... same sqft and Bdrms?

1100 Sheppard Ave. needs better access. It's such a hassle to walk there from Sheppard Station as you have to go all the way around to the lights, especially from the subway. Perhaps if there was a stairway near the midpoint (by the rail line) that would help. And then another one up to the road bridge that runs above Sheppard.

Overall this entire zone is going to be a traffic nightmare once Concord Park Place is done. It's already bad enough driving in that area anytime near rush hour because of the ridiculous magnitude of cars getting onto and off the 401 from Leslie, not to mention access to NYGH.

Back