Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

(2) yes I think there is very LIMITED retail in Discovery 1+2, specifically it will be located along the Provost frontage in building 'D' (tower at northwest corner of Discovery 2)

(1) I had posted this before ... gives a better indication of where things are (though not perfect by any means)

Report: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-16601.pdf

Figures: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-16602.pdf

this plans shows the scale / location of towers in the overall Concord Park Place development quite nicely ... :)

ConcordPark_overall.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks ... this whole thing seems like a missed opportunity to me. Why could it not be more like Downtown Markham or something along those lines ... Even parkside village in MCC maybe (have to wait to see how that turns out).

We seem to get the worst when it comes to master built communities ... when compared to the suburbs. Thankfully their are very few remaining sites in Toronto where they can be built.
Is it the city's fault or Concord?

Granted that Cityplace downtown might not turn out that bad in the future, also there probably is very limited demand for retail / office development due to the huge amount of that in the surrounding area.
But at Sheppard ...

ps - you might even be able throw in Liberity Village as one of the 416 failures ... but I'm not too sure about that one. They've done a great job with the office redevelopments in that area (really nice if you've taken a walk around the western part of the site) very little in the way of retail though).

Last edited:
Shuttle Bus

This question is perhaps a question for the future of the project but I'll ask it anyways.

When they do implement the blue colour shuttle buses, how practical would it be for the residences in the community to use when the public transit is not that far anyways?

If it's free for everybody, does that mean customers from Ikea and Canadian Tire are also going to use it at the expense of the residence? Would that be an issue?

I think the developers for Legacy at Heron Hills and their surrounding projects are also having shuttle buses, but they don't have an Ikea and Canadian Tire with people chugging along their big items they purchased around. (subjective POV)

Is this really going to work for Concord Parkplace?

Last edited:
One way to create even more traffic

Imagine Tim Horton's buying off the gas station beside McDonald's there with a drive through.

NO ONE will be going anywhere with that traffic...ha ha. (knock on wood)

Discovery 1+2 Concept Plan

something from Concord Adex's website ~ shows the 4 towers (A, B, D, E) and townhouse block (C) in the 'Discovery' phase

Discovery12.jpg

Thanks ... this whole thing seems like a missed opportunity to me. Why could it not be more like Downtown Markham or something along those lines ... Even parkside village in MCC maybe (have to wait to see how that turns out).

Agreed. And Canadian Tire and Ikea should have been better integrated into the plan.

This is a total missed opportunity. These towers are so boring they make the Park Lake Residences look like a work of art. It's way worse than CityPlace. Are they deliberately trying to make NY's complex worse? Also, the park would be much better if it was in the centre, as more buildings would front it.

Last edited:
Snail pace

Is this project slow or what. I see other condo projects around the area going up faster and they started selling their units later than Concord. What's a reasonable time for excavation anyways for the sub contractors to do this work? It's almost believeable that the longer it takes, the quality of the work should be better...and/but maybe not.

Well, they did build basically a brand new 4-lane roadway with bike lanes with an underpass under the railway tracks. Maybe that added a bit of time to the construction schedule.

indeed there is LOADS of excavation activity happening on site, shoring is in the ground ~

sorry I took no photos of machines digging during my visit to IKEA (thought it wouldn't be too interesting)

Although you do get a decent view from the restaurant. On several occasions I have watched the work going on while enjoying the 1$ breakfast.

Neighbours

Anyone with any stake in this project? Potential neighbours perhaps? :)

Figure I just ask that since other discussion groups on UT seem to have more people discussing their projects in more detail since they have a stake in it.

(suite size, amenities, stuff like that, etc...)

Views

The prices of the suites can vary by the floor and where it is facing as some variables in determing the value of the unit.

When you're facing south, the units seems to be priced higher. Does anyone have any input as to why?

South - Facing Ikea and the highway
East - Facing a railroad/Leslie TTC station
West - Facing the Canadian Tire retail store
North - Facing McDonalds and Sheppard Ave.

Based on where you're facing....which side would you prefer and why?

Last edited:
Cookie Cutter Finishes

There seems to be only 3 finishes options for the suites:

-Vogue
-Classic
-Black Diamond (upgrade)

So far there doesn't seem to be many customizable options. Is this the new trend? What do you guys think based on the look for the finishes? Comments?

Back