Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

It was a photo of the day so it expired :)

Here's the photo in question
2764879204_50605f940d_b.jpg

You can find the full thread here:

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=9944

That rail bridge over the tracks fails proves that they have no intension of linking Oriole GO with Leslie. There is no space for pedestrians to get from each station and it would have made sense to make the bridge wide enough for two rail lines and a foot path or platform for the new station. Wasted opportunity.

I didn't agree at first that it was a wasted opportunity, but in the end i think you're right. The GO connection could have been very useful, particularly to people who live there, work downtown, and have no use for a metropass so they take the GO to work instead.

To be fair, I suppose residents can still do that, though it would result in a 10 minute walk probably down sheppard and south on leslie.

In an off topic, sorry if this has already been said, but what is the projected total number of tenants when this is done in 10-odd years?

the current zoning in place limits the entire Concord Park Place to a total of 4,000 residential units, that is, assuming Concord Adex does not apply to push up the unit limits (which will more than likely happen)

GO Transit was supposed to move the Oriole platforms further north, closer to Leslie, but they never did it.

That rail bridge over the tracks fails proves that they have no intension of linking Oriole GO with Leslie. There is no space for pedestrians to get from each station and it would have made sense to make the bridge wide enough for two rail lines and a foot path or platform for the new station. Wasted opportunity.

Go Transit did move the platform further north. The train is stopping 100-200 meters further north for over a year.

You can see the extension of the platform and path that was built here:
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&scene=28276582&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

I'm not sure right now how they are going to finish this connection but the intention is there.

I walk by this everyday as my wife takes the RH GO to Union and I take the TTC to Bloor/Yonge so we park at the GO station and I walk back to Leslie station.

GD

There's an unused underground passage at Bessarion Station to link up to adjacent development... I wonder if Concord will take advantage of this in their development plan

It goes nowhere right now. It's just walled off, but can make an easy underground connection to an adjacent building. It's off the south east entrance, to the left of the escalators.

They should link all the buildings with underground passageways, and link IKEA with it too. It would be a North York PATH

The eastbound lane of Esther Shiner is open (for westward bound Ikea shoppers). The underpass is still closed. What a zoo driving there today. Even with Esther Shiner fully open this area will be a major mess when the 4000 new condo units are fully occupied.

IKEA on the weekends is a nightmare. Right now it's especially busy as people are shopping for those last minute items for their dorms / apartments. I don't think that area will ever be clear of traffic with IKEA there.

Yeah, those drivers trying to make their way around are *really* given a Shiner this time...

Sept 7/08 Update

Made a trip to IKEA this weekend ... and yes the new road is only open to exit traffic from IKEA turning west, connecting back to Provost, the new Esther Shiner Drive is still not fully opened through to Leslie yet ... as I was mentioning before 2nd pic below really shows the steep grade change / hill looking east along Esther Shiner ... which I think is a accident disaster waiting to happen

Site grading appears to be underway, no excavation yet, construction office is on the left (photo taken from Provost looking east)

Back