Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

Ewww. Looks straight out of 1995. Where's the excitement? Looks like they just took Gallery and got it knocked up to spread its babies all over north york. Gotta love how they make those renderings from angles where you can't see the crappy corrigated roofing to contain all the mechanical elements.

It would be nice if they brought something new that made this site a showcase for developments in lower density areas, but it seems much of what we've seen in many other developments with nothing really redeeming. Alright I guess.

I find it just looks really dated already. There is nothing of interest to the building and it looks like this could include large piece of precast and oddly coloured green panelling.

It seems like nothing much have happened since the construction started. Just wondering if there is any delay in the construction.

Well, I believe they were putting in some services like water and electricity and sewers, as well as building the road under the rail tracks between Provost and Leslie. Last time I was there was over a month ago so I don't know how close they are to finishing the road, but it looked like a lot was already done then.

I don't see much in the way of pedestrian access from the GO platforms to Leslie station in that photo - or from standing on the roof of the Ikea parking garage.

When I was out on site this weekend, the Provost Road underpass (below the CP railway) was generally completed and the road was paved (but still blocked off), I would guess this connection to Leslie Street will be opened before end of September... then getting to IKEA from the 401 exit will be so much more convenient

however I still question the safety of the Provost underpass ... very steep grade change on such a high traffic road in the future with all the new condos there

That's not Provost - that's Esther Shiner Boulevard. Provost will just be the north-south portion between Sheppard and Ikea.

sorry ... I confused the street names~

Back