Toronto Cumberland Square | 253.92m | 75s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

OMG, OMG Casa Fashion!

I've been waiting forever for Casa Fashion to come to Toronto.

I'm referring to post #327

"Fun fact: something big is happening with the Cumberland proposal. I can't say what, but you'll all be very surprised. It's big... you'll like it."

Right. And what has since led you to believe that these plans have been scuttled?

Right. And what has since led you to believe that these plans have been scuttled?

Who said anything about scuttled? 'It's big' and 'You'll like it' makes me thing either something was incorporated into the design (a 5 star hotel) or a possible new architect was brought on board... Well I guess those rumours had nothing to do with reality then.

"Fun fact: something big is happening with the Cumberland proposal. I can't say what, but you'll all be very surprised. It's big... you'll like it."

It was my understanding that Holt Renfrew was expanding into much of the retail in this project, through the second and third floors over Mayfair Mews.

I'm not sure if that's still going ahead... Holt's Toronto store experienced a bit of a sales slump last year, according to a store exec/speaker I met here in Vancouver a few weeks ago. Interestingly, she confided that the Vancouver Holt's did $127mill sales in 2010 (Olympics, remember), while Bloor Street did a bit over $120mill (down from about $150mill in 2007) - less because of the recesson/Bloor Street construction. I'm sure Bloor Street's Holts will surge ahead, and firing Tom the doorman is sure to save them a bundle. lol.

Last edited:
One thing I notice in the rendering: 2 Bloor W is unaltered (wasn't it supposed to be reclad/revamped as part of the project?)

Who said anything about scuttled? 'It's big' and 'You'll like it' makes me thing either something was incorporated into the design (a 5 star hotel) or a possible new architect was brought on board... Well I guess those rumours had nothing to do with reality then.

Either you're choosing to ignore what I've asked, or there's just a simple misunderstanding here. You seem to believe that the rumors concerning a redesign or reworking weren't legitimate as the heights and architect of the project are the same. There's no reason to assume, given this information, that you won't still be impressed by whatever alterations the previous poster was alluding to.

Either you're choosing to ignore what I've asked, or there's just a simple misunderstanding here. You seem to believe that the rumors concerning a redesign or reworking weren't legitimate as the heights and architect of the project are the same. There's no reason to assume, given this information, that you won't still be impressed by whatever alterations the previous poster was alluding to.

Oh! My apologies then.. I misunderstood thinking you meant the original design (what we see in the renderings now)...

I'm just hoping something special comes out of this proposal.. As beautiful as it is to lose Cumberland Dumpster for these sexy towers, I wish they had something more to them... A hotel is my personal fantasy for this plot.

I was also confused by the posters comments, nothing seems to have changed with these renderings...... so what was he hinting at when he said "It's big...you'll like it". He gave the impression that this proposal would change substantially. That's what I get from that.

since this corner is getting a redo it would be nice if something could be done with the other corner... specifically the Hideous Bay Center... That's screaming for a overhaul.

Back