Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

Crystal Turquoise

Yeah the building is not blue, its turquoise. Personally I don't like it as much as the rendering...it looks a bit cheap with that colour I think.

The whole thing looks cheap...from the precast to the 'green' glass... doesn't bode well for 1 BE.

I guess Crystalturquoise was too much of a mouthful.

The model makes it look more like Crystalblah. One can only pray that the precast isn't pinkish. Turquoise and pink is so hospital.

^ Haha, so true!

I'm not worried about this, I think this will turn out great.
Just because the model was a different colour doesnt mean we'll end up with a pink and turqouise tower :p
...or so one could hope. I would think when building they follow the rendering, rather then the model, but I cant pretend that I know exactly how it works

I do hope they'll use blue glass, the design is beautiful, hopefully the colour won't spoil it.

Agreed that the turquoise is not so hot on its own... but I think it'll add a great splash of colour especially next to Uptown and 1 Bloor...

DSCN1466.jpg
upmodel2.jpg
DSCN1451.jpg

I doubt the Uptown purchasers on the south side will appreciate that splash of colour 30 feet away when they look our their windows.

There's another strange Sim person I just noticed in the Blu sales model above, about 7 floors up on the right side from where the green glass begins. It appears he is about to take a dive.

You'll notice that, in a deft marketing move, the builders of 1 Bloor and the Uptown did not decorate their models with figurines who, having moved into their new condos, are standing on their balconies, looking like they're considering ending it all.

Prior to Bazis announcing & launching this project would Uptown purchasers or sales people have known about this? The Blu parcel of land was originally zoned for 25 stories before Bazis applied for 34 stories in early 2006.

Thanks for quicky comparative study, casaguy.

Actually, I am inclined to agree with you; the colour may work simply because it's mixed in there.

Agreed that the turquoise is not so hot on its own... but I think it'll add a great splash of colour especially next to Uptown and 1 Bloor...

DSCN1466.jpg
upmodel2.jpg
DSCN1451.jpg

Boy it does look like there are numerous characters ready to jump off the balcony, it is totally bizarre!

Is the glass on the Lanai's of 1BE really going to be different colours, creating that pixilated effect? Or is this their attempt to show that there may be the same effect with some glass panels open and some closed?

I sure hope that the end result looks like the model. The pixilated effect looks good on this tower.

I don't mind the turquoise at all..In fact I actually like it- but the colour brings to mind weathered copper, which has turned green over the years. Maybe a bit of a stretch, but I have to say that a little colour in our concrete city is not all that bad once in a while.

p5

Back