753     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 896     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 946     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

+1

I just returned from Info session.
I asked one of the Metrolinx guys about the EA for Weston to Jane st. and was told it should be completed by end of this year..................and when i asked as to the western alignment to airport, they seem to have gotten past dismissing the use of the Richview corridor like they had in previous metings...........fingers crossed to common sense planning.

That would be great if the city hadn't sold off a large chunk of the Richview lands.

Well, maybe the Province can expropriate or otherwise overrule the city before it happens? They certainly have the power to do so.

AoD

They sold the parcel at Widdicombe Hill last year, for townhouses. The parcel at Kipling is currently up on the Build Toronto website. Maybe Karen Stintz should buy it!

They sold the parcel at Widdicombe Hill last year, for townhouses. The parcel at Kipling is currently up on the Build Toronto website. Maybe Karen Stintz should buy it!

Yup, townhouses. There are billboards up advertising the homes. Not even "avenues-style" development. I'm sure the city made a fraction of what it will cost to fix the mistake in the future.

At the Western Alignment and Vehicle Maintenance and Storage Facility presentation at York Memorial Collegiate Tuesday night (2012 06 26), they had a bit more displayed than in the PDF.

7456988320_637a94a42e_c.jpg

It reads:

Bus Routes Serving the Bus Terminal

This is the 15 bay bus terminal at the Weston/Mt. Dennis Station.

image3_0.png

It is proposed that the following TTC routes will serve the new terminal:

19 Jane South (new)
89 Weston (local southbound)
32 Eglinton West
161 Rogers Rd.
35 Jane
168 Symington
35E Jane Express
170 Emmett (new)
71 Runnymede
171 Mount Dennis
89 Weston (local northbound)
TTC Wheel-Trans

Preliminary Plan for Facility
Subject to change closer to the line opening date

To get to the terminal buses may have to drive to get up to the Photography Drive bridge. I think it is a bit of overkill.

I think the 35, 35E, and 19 Jane buses should remain together, not split, and just continue on it current route and just allow on-street transfers at the Jane Stop. The 35 Jane buses should not divert to the Weston/Mt. Dennis bus terminal.

The 89 Weston buses should also not divert, but just allow on-street transfers.

As for the 161 Rogers Rd. bus, it should merge with the proposed 170 Emmett bus and the 161 Rogers take over the current 32D Eglinton Emmett loop. The 161 Rogers should just be extended north on Jane Street from Lambton Avenue, turning west on Eglinton to a new far-side stop at the north-west corner, continue west on Eglinton to Emmett, looping on Emmett to Jane Street where it turns south on Jane Street, south on Jane Street stopping at the far-side stop at the south-west corner of Jane and Eglinton, and then continue south on Jane to Lambton Avenue where it continues over the current 161 Rogers route.

The 168 Symington, 71 Runnymede, 171 Mount Dennis, and TTC Wheel-Trans could continue to use a now smaller bus terminal.

The 32 Eglinton West could still use the Weston/Mt. Dennis bus terminal until after the LRT gets extended to the YYZ airport.

At the Western Alignment and Vehicle Maintenance and Storage Facility presentation at York Memorial Collegiate Tuesday night (2012 06 26), they had a bit more displayed than in the PDF.

It reads:

This is the 15 bay bus terminal at the Weston/Mt. Dennis Station.

To get to the terminal buses may have to drive to get up to the Photography Drive bridge. I think it is a bit of overkill.

I think the 35, 35E, and 19 Jane buses should remain together, not split, and just continue on it current route and just allow on-street transfers at the Jane Stop. The 35 Jane buses should not divert to the Weston/Mt. Dennis bus terminal.

The 89 Weston buses should also not divert, but just allow on-street transfers.

As for the 161 Rogers Rd. bus, it should merge with the proposed 170 Emmett bus and the 161 Rogers take over the current 32D Eglinton Emmett loop. The 161 Rogers should just be extended north on Jane Street from Lambton Avenue, turning west on Eglinton to a new far-side stop at the north-west corner, continue west on Eglinton to Emmett, looping on Emmett to Jane Street where it turns south on Jane Street, south on Jane Street stopping at the far-side stop at the south-west corner of Jane and Eglinton, and then continue south on Jane to Lambton Avenue where it continues over the current 161 Rogers route.

The 168 Symington, 71 Runnymede, 171 Mount Dennis, and TTC Wheel-Trans could continue to use a now smaller bus terminal.

The 32 Eglinton West could still use the Weston/Mt. Dennis bus terminal until after the LRT gets extended to the YYZ airport.

It would make no sense for the 35, 35E, and 19 to not divert, since they might as well both terminate at Black Creek station, as if your plan was to be like such, where would the 35 terminate, and it would just cause more transfers for those heading north of Eglinton.

No bus to Square One?
No bus to YYZ (an outrageously expensive train does not count)

These are absolutely essential parts of the network, and not having one or more Mississauga Transit buses go to this station would be a huge mistake.

It would make no sense for the 35, 35E, and 19 to not divert, since they might as well both terminate at Black Creek station, as if your plan was to be like such, where would the 35 terminate, and it would just cause more transfers for those heading north of Eglinton.

They would transfer to the Crosstown's western terminal at Jane Street. Why should they bypass the stop, where the LRV trains would be waiting, and continue east to Weston/Mt. Dennis? The 35 Jane would just continue as it does today, north to Steeles or south to the Jane Station on the Bloor-Danforth Subway. There would just be an on-street transfer to use the terminal stops of the Crosstown LRT, as you see on the far left of the following image.

image1_0.png

BTW. The Black Creek stop/station has been removed. There should be an entrance at Weston/Mt. Dennis (whatever name they decide on) on the east side of the station closer to Photography Drive (No Frills, Black Creek), as well as an entrance on the west side closer to Weston Road. That station will be located under the railway tracks.

Last edited:
I bet the idea is a new rapid transit line on Eglinton is going to divert a lot of the traffic that used to continue south to Bloor. It might make more sense for them to split the line so they can provide different level of service on the two segments.

I understand the Jane LRT may only be built north of Eglinton anyway, which means the service would be split eventually.

I bet the idea is a new rapid transit line on Eglinton is going to divert a lot of the traffic that used to continue south to Bloor. It might make more sense for them to split the line so they can provide different level of service on the two segments.

I understand the Jane LRT may only be built north of Eglinton anyway, which means the service would be split eventually.

I can see the 35E Jane going to Weston/Mt. Dennis, as its south terminal, but the remaining 35 Jane branches can continue down to the Jane Stop (Crosstown LRT) and the Jane Station (Bloor-Danforth Subway).

Back