News   May 03, 2024
 632     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 411     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 220     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

It just happens to run along an area with quite a large number of people who believe that "four" is "death."

Yet ridership of the line didn't fall when TTC make this information much more visible. Very very few would have known it was Line 4 more than a few years ago.

What a bunch of crap. It is hard to believe it's 2016. Why don't we just cut open a goat and read the entrails? Seriously folks. You want to ensure that heaven forbid we overbuild anything like a subway that isn't by the numbers, and we're discussing Chinese numerology and how it influences or may influence ridership?

*no patience here with astrology and other pseudo sciemce*

Yet ridership of the line didn't fall when TTC make this information much more visible. Very very few would have known it was Line 4 more than a few years ago.
i still don't know which is line 4 cause like to refer to the lines by the street, yonge, bloor/Danforth, Sheppard, university. The problem is with Spadina as it does not run along that road (other than Spadina and Dupont stops) so cannot refer to it by name

Toronto developers seem to think so.

Off topic, but I laughed the first time I was in the elevator of the mostly Chinese-owned condo at Lee Centre, and the floor numbers skipped 4, 13, 14, 24, 34, and the last floors above 39 were PH1, PH2, PH3, and PH5. Same with the unit numbers. In my experience, first-generation Asians don't care about these superstitions, it's really just the older ones.

The problem is with Spadina as it does not run along that road (other than Spadina and Dupont stops) so cannot refer to it by name

I'm glad the TTC stopped referring to it as the "Spadina Line". That was a confusing remnant of the never built Spadina Expwy (Allen Rd), which unless you're familiar with Toronto history, you wouldn't know what it was actually referring to. "University Line" is much more appropriate, as the line serves University Ave, and will soon serve York U.

I'm glad the TTC stopped referring to it as the "Spadina Line". That was a confusing remnant of the never built Spadina Expwy (Allen Rd), which unless you're familiar with Toronto history, you wouldn't know what it was actually referring to. "University Line" is much more appropriate, as the line serves University Ave, and will soon serve York U.
I'm just realizing it would connect UofT and York U, you are right, "University Line" is more appropriate now.

We're always forgetting about Ryerson University (Dundas Subway Station and maybe College Subway Station). Must be because some of us older kids remember it as Ryerson Institute of Technology, when it was founded in 1948. It only became a university in 2002.

We're always forgetting about Ryerson University (Dundas Subway Station and maybe College Subway Station). Must be because some of us older kids remember it as Ryerson Institute of Technology, when it was founded in 1948. It only became a university in 2002.
Yes, but this Ryerson student says that Dundas station is on the Yonge line.

Back