Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

It's still up. They just poured the mechanical PH, another month or two before it comes down.

Found this on National Posts best pictures for April 2012.

np-photo-best-of-april-04.jpg

"Tower crane operator George DeFreitas, operates his crane from 148 metres in the air, atop the 42 story Couture condo in Toronto, Tuesday afternoon, April 17, 2012."

holyyyyyyyy imagine how MASSIVELY TALL the holts proposal is gonna be in that shot ^ it'll make everything else in the area (except 1 bloor and fs) look stupidly short. even manulife doesn't stand a chance. wow. mind blown just picturing it.

gonna be like a Burj Khalifa to the area. needle in the sky.

I'm really warming up to Couture. Sure - it's a spandrel nightmare but I like the metallic look, the form and the windows so it's working for me and I think the lobby entrance is going to turn out well too. It won't win any awards, but there's much worse out there. Let the attacks begin!

Couture from Jarvis -

The west side of Couture -

i completely agree.... This one looked epic fail in the renders and looked like it was guaranteed to suck. no exaggeration.

but i was wrong. i guess this thing had nowhere to go but up. the glass colours work for me. it stands out and looks slick. the extra dark spandrel strip in the middle really makes it.

300 Front also looks to have a similar colour scheme, though less dark.

what i find DOES suck is that it is tucked right behind X condo. it's so claustrophobic and the density isn't balanced with it's surroundings. i wish both were visible on their own. this along with X2 in the bunch is gonna be an awkward cluster of nice looking boxes..

There's a canyon forming here with 235 Bloor E., Couture, X & X2 then Rogers on the other side of the street, I thought you liked street canyons?

it's only just forming which is why it's so awkward. X and Couture dominate the area and are so close to each other forming a future street wall, but till everything is spread out, it's messy.

Hey dt, I don't know if you noticed but there's balcony glass on one of the lower balconies in your photos (the back end of Couture). I noticed the glass 2 weeks ago, but never bothered taking photos.

Back