Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

This addition - plus the unfinished, awkward look of the one behind it - are a disgrace, IMO. The open-air rectilinear addition was bad enough with the underside of the roof more or less exposed, and now this. I agree with P23 when he says that it should take its design clues from the rest of the tower.
On the plus side, both these additions look extremely provisional, and we can expect - or hope - that they will be demolished and replaced in a few years.

May 22:
DSC01650.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01650.JPG
    DSC01650.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,034
What an embarrassment.

UrbanToronto advises that everyone stays well away from the troll.

So it turns out, the building is being used exclusively as a place to house security checkpoints. There's nothing inside but a line of metal detectors. Could this not have gone under the recently built large canopy?

So last year, they built a large shaded area to accommodate crowds waiting to get in. Now they built a small area before it where people are typically waiting in the sun to get through security after which point, they don't have to wait in the large area anymore which is now redundant and rather useless.

Let me guess: next they're going to build another large canopy in the plaza to house the people waiting to get to the security checkpoint...

Seriously, heads have to roll over this. What incompetence!

hAOo6yL.jpg

77HzFz7.jpg

Both buildings have unfinished ceilings and other extremely cheap out structures.

5WPuZf0.jpg

Last edited:
I must say this entire thing epitomizes the worst in Toronto design/architecture.

With such a great opportunity why build something so hideous? It has all the charm of a makeshift Canada Border Services processing centre.

Back