Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

When is this supposed to open, again? It looks ready and would come in SO handy.

My understanding is the first part of May, but been out of the loop for some time. Got to have a ribbon cutting event first.

From what I saw on Tuesday, once the sidewalk is built on the north side, fencing can go up along it to separate that area from the Parade construction zone.

This will allow people to access the bridge from the east side until Parade is clear of construction on the west side. Sidewalk in place on the west side.

A white bridge is out for me. The yellow looks close to the Calgary bridge. What every colour is used, it will fad in time until it gets repainted and that going to be fund when the overhead gets install.

Am I missing something? When did this bridge suddenly get named Puente de Luz Bridge? The title confused me when I first saw it. Thought it was a misplaced thread or something.

There is much that is confusing about this bridge.

I don't know if light would come to mind when I look at it. I'd call it "bridge of lost opportunity." Had they stuck with steel for the pylon and the ramps instead of the perfunctory concrete items, this bridge could have been a big success.

I hear it'll open one day.

Pic taken Apr 11, 2012

ICV36.jpg

Seriously it takes them one year to build a forty story building with hundreds of units but this long to build a bridge that comes made out of pre-arranged pieces like an idea shelf? wtf, seriously. -- im just anxious because i always have to go out to Spadina when leaving here even though i live west of Bathurst.

Back