Reaction score
This is why we love our city.... :cool:

View @ Daytime..... :)
cityview2.JPG

View @ SunDown..... :)
CITY-PYELLO.JPG

View @ Night..... :)
City%20View.jpg

Good Toronto Day/Night pic comparison...

Nitro: Good Toronto Downtown D/N comparison pics-I find the Gardiner Expressway structure interesting-it is now starting to show its age compared to back on my 80s trips.

It would be neat to take pictures from the exact same spot on a regular basis-and compare 5-10-15-20 years later or more and note the changes. Do you have older pics from that location or nearby? That would give a little history lesson itself...LI MIKE

Nitro: Good Toronto Downtown D/N comparison pics-I find the Gardiner Expressway structure interesting-it is now starting to show its age compared to back on my 80s trips.

It would be neat to take pictures from the exact same spot on a regular basis-and compare 5-10-15-20 years later or more and note the changes. Do you have older pics from that location or nearby? That would give a little history lesson itself...LI MIKE

thanks guys...

I just started living there about a year ago...but I don't see myself stickin' around for more than 5 years....But, good idea though! Think'n about it, there is a ton of construction going on at Lakeshore...It's quite cool to watch these buildings go up from nothing but dirt to 50 stories high....

yep, good location... even if you are only there for about 5 years you may get to see all that empty gray space south of the expressway get filled in!

LI Mike... atleast this section of the Gardiner has had its supports refurbished... other spots you're just waiting for a chunk of concrete to fall on your head.

Great pics!!

Look at all that dead space under the Gardiner. Hopefully with all the construction around there, the pressure will grow to do something useful with that space. A few two-storey structures housing shops might make more sense then, with the increased pedestrian traffic.

what a difference lighting up the cn tower makes!

Cool shots, and vantage point. They really should repaint the Gardiner's underside soon though.

Beautiful shots. Shoot a little more to the left and I can wave to you from my balcony :)

I just started living there about a year ago...but I don't see myself stickin' around for more than 5 years....

I join the chorus in welcoming you Nitro. I also said what you said above about another city that I now live in when I am not working here - Chicago - and I've been there for many more years than I thought I would. Who knows what fate will bring.

These type of photos will always impress, and yours are exceptionally sharp. (btw what is the camera you used?)

.​

I join the chorus in welcoming you Nitro. I also said what you said above about another city that I now live in when I am not working here - Chicago - and I've been there for many more years than I thought I would. Who knows what fate will bring.

These type of photos will always impress, and yours are exceptionally sharp. (btw what is the camera you used?)

.​

thanks again....I'll see where fate takes me...

Surprisingly, the camera I used was a Kodak P880...It's a SLR type of Digital Camera...IMO, it's not the best camera, but it get's the job done..... :)

The new CN Tower lighting really does give the city a more exciting, "happening"/alive look, I am reminded.

Thanks for these awesome shots of the city from a neat vantage point.

LI MIKE

It most certainly is...if I'm not mistaken, the elevated section is reaching the end of its service life, and will be due for a full deck replacement within the next few years. That alone may force the issue of tearing it down, even if the scale of development nearby is making it seem quite irrelevant.

Incidentally I just spent a week in Boston, where the final results of the Big Dig are plain to see. I have to say, it sucks. For almost $15Bn, the North End still feels just as cut off as it used to, and the boulevard replacing the Central Artery is really nothing special. If Toronto goes this route, let's hope it's done much better...and cheaper.

Back