Mississauga Chicago Condos | ?m | 36s | Daniels | Kirkor

Noticed there are about 50 or so realtors camped out at the Chicago sales office site early this morning, they have actually been there overnight for the last two nights....most of them are sitting on lawn chairs, many with sleeping bags...the sales 'event' for realtors is later today, so I guess there is quite a bit of interest.

Spoke with a realtor friend of mine today, and apparently Chicago is sold out...at $400 per square foot. If he is right, that is just amazing for MCC, and it shows that the market is still on a roll, even in the burbs.

Amazing.

Were there any realtor fights with MLS listings flying all over the place?

Do you really think that every unit is sold out? I really doubt this...
I would think not every unit was released for sale yet.

Spoke with a realtor friend of mine today, and apparently Chicago is sold out...at $400 per square foot. If he is right, that is just amazing for MCC, and it shows that the market is still on a roll, even in the burbs.

And pre-sales before the general public gets a crack at them, with the camped-out brokers and agents (is this becoming a regular sight?). I know I pissed off a few of them WRT Beyond the Sea, but this means that the condo market is completely insane.

I wonder if any of them are refugees from the collapsing market in the US.

Over 2/3 sold. Ground floor retail will border Princess of Wales Drive. A collection of Brownstone residences are planned to be released in the future on the eastern portion of the site.

Over 2/3 sold. Ground floor retail will border Princess of Wales Drive. A collection of Brownstone residences are planned to be released in the future on the eastern portion of the site.

Prince of Wales*

Im disappointed it wont be facing Confederation.

Yeah retail should face all sides if you ask me. But I think Confederation is going to be more arterial now that it'll go all the way north to Brampton once it's linked over the 403 and to McLaughlin.

What are Brownstone residences?

Yeah retail should face all sides if you ask me. But I think Confederation is going to be more arterial now that it'll go all the way north to Brampton once it's linked over the 403 and to McLaughlin.

Yes it will be more arterial, but the provisions are there to make it one hell of a street. (Bike lanes, parking along the curb and wide sidewalks which by the way are nicely landscaped)

And a brownstone is a type of townhome. Pretty much the same style we have in the Capital tower development where the front door faces the street.

Its not even located on confederation

Why are people talking about being disappointed that retail won't be facing Confederation parkway, when I'm 99% sure that Chicago will be built east of One Park Tower and will front Princess of Wales Drive?

Princess of Wales Drive will become an important major east-west connection in the City Centre one day, especially with the new Hotel/Convention Centre front the same streeet.

Louroz

Prince, my dear friend, 'prince'. You may know something about him we don't, but they haven't changed the name of the street.

This is a brownstone.

HarlemBrownstones_2.jpg

I have a wonderful book on the architectural history of Mississauga and Peel Region.

In 1871, Frederick Law Olmsted was commissioned to design Paul Kariya park and to build the majestic Central Parkway, a ring road for horse drawn carriages that was modeled on the Champs Elysees. Wealthy Torontonians settled in the City Centre neighbourhood and erected handsome brownstone townhouses surrounding the park. In fact, Mississauga City Centre is one of the best preserved examples of brownstone architecture anywhere in North America!

Oh Hipster, how romantically nostalgic...

Back