News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Toronto Centre Federal By-election (cancelled)

Incidentally, I just got back from Ottawa where a couple of friends with Liberal connections told me that they are worried that their party could possibly lose every seat they have in Easters Ontario - save for two: Kingston and Ottawa-Vanier. I find this prediction quite dire; but boy, are they ever nervous about the thought.

Well, besides those two, what do they presently have in Eastern Ontario? Ottawa South, and...uh, that's it.

Well, besides those two, what do they presently have in Eastern Ontario? Ottawa South, and...uh, that's it.

I think Harper just needs a dozen or so seats out of Ontario, a couple more in PQ and rest of the Liberal ridings out west will go Tory. I've been hearing the same tone, those Liberals have cause for concern, so we'll see more of this.... How Liberals Vote and play turtle.

The Liberals worked in a coalition with the NDP in the previous minority government on many bills (as well as the Bloc), I didn't mean they would officially become a coalition party.

I think Harper just needs a dozen or so seats out of Ontario, a couple more in PQ and rest of the Liberal ridings out west will go Tory. I've been hearing the same tone, those Liberals have cause for concern, so we'll see more of this.... How Liberals Vote and play turtle.

Yeah, that's what they need, but considering that they're down from their performance last election in every poll that's come out, I don't think they're going to get it.

The Liberals need to win back a few of their old strongholds in Quebec, the rest of Newfoundland, a couple in BC, and a handful of the old semi-rural and the NDP seats in Ontario. I'd say that in a campaign, both are about as likely.

Back