Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

There is a sign on the glass of this structure that says 'retail leasing'.

Great photo. I can almost picture myself sitting on one of those balconies on the right. That's the life. Sit there reading a book, taking in the view and sunshine. So lovely and tranquil. Just think, you could have spitting contests on the building that's 10 feet from your sanctuary! Ah the downtown life.

11125723764_dd7c66a31d_b.jpg

Nando's is now open at the south end of this building.

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

The establishment that's going into the north space with the frescoes and etched paintings is still many months away from being fully kitted out and open.

Attachments

• IMG_2833.jpg
    IMG_2833.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,470
  • IMG_2835.jpg
    IMG_2835.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,490
FIRST POST FOR ME...I'm so happy this lovely old building was (mostly) saved. It adds such character to Bay St.

FIRST POST FOR ME...I'm so happy this lovely old building was (mostly) saved. It adds such character to Bay St.

Agreed; what a contrast to the unarticulated podium of Murano across the street. (I like Murano but definitely would have liked better treatment at sidewalk level.

I really appreciate aA's approach to the Burano podium though, and a nice touch are the frameless glass railings around the perimeter of the rooftop amenity of the podium, so as not to detract from the roofline of the old Addison car dealership. Small touch that makes a big difference and provides a more honest representation of how the old building looked.

Nearly a year later, Via Vai, which means "coming and going", was close to opening on the 21st:

P1440894.jpg

P1440893.jpg

Attachments

• P1440893.jpg
    P1440893.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 874
  • P1440894.jpg
    P1440894.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 889
The north facing unit, as amazing as it looks is surrounded by a really harsh environment. It would help if they could soften up and add interest to the patio a bit.

AoD

Back