Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

The condescension in your post is really distasteful.

But yes, I'd argue they're in a state of disrepair as a result of age and neglect. Or 'contrapositively', that they could be significantly improved by renovation and hence more attention.

Those aren't in disrepair, trust me, I visit houses all the time that have been left vacant that are in a state of disrepair. Those might just need a paint job. Detroit, now that is a city in a state of disrepair. (Sorry to Detroit for using it in this example)

Really nice, confident crisp lines on this tower. Sometimes less is more. (SOME times, just not ALL the time.) aA gets a tip-of-the-hat for this one.

I'm really glad to see the facade being continued up like that, I was disappointed when I thought the setback mechanical box would stay like that.

aA is very hit and miss, but this one is a definite triple at least, especially that podium.

^^ Name a miss. East? Mozo? Market Wharf? Pier 27? Casa? Spire? 4Seasons? Pure Spirit? Clear Spirit? Theatre Park? If you're into Aura, 88 Scott, Dubai or Shanghai, you can take a pass on answering.

Last edited:
^^ Name a miss. East? Mozo? Market Wharf? Pier 27? Casa? Spire? 4Seasons? Pure Spirit? Clear Spirit? Theatre Park? If you're into Aura, 88 Scott, Dubai or Shanghai, you can take a pass on answering.

Which translates roughly to: "My opinion matters and yours might too, unless you like things I don't like"

Give yourself a pat on the back...but use a closed fist holding a knife

More like which translates into blah blah blah. The_Architect does little more than dump on aA on UT (which constitutes trolling, BTW, as he goes on and on about it). When he makes an accusation "aA is very hit and miss", he stops there. Condovo is perfectly within his rights to challenge The_Architect's unproven assertion.

That said, I think the fact that The_Architect never quits from this line is more significant here than the actual empty accusation. He does this in thread after thread. He was already banned once for a while. What part about trolling does he not get?

I agree with ur position on The_Architects comments, but condovo didnt even use a shred of decorum in his reply. And just for the record, I like most of aA's work and never dump on it, but condova dropping a deuce on Aura and 88 Scott is what got my temper going.
I will patiently wait for one of you to smear excrement on my opinion, as is the tradition

More like which translates into blah blah blah. The_Architect does little more than dump on aA on UT (which constitutes trolling, BTW, as he goes on and on about it). When he makes an accusation "aA is very hit and miss", he stops there. Condovo is perfectly within his rights to challenge The_Architect's unproven assertion.

That said, I think the fact that The_Architect never quits from this line is more significant here than the actual empty accusation. He does this in thread after thread. He was already banned once for a while. What part about trolling does he not get?

How is criticising aA in threads specifically about aA projects trolling? That is nonsense. He criticisms are genuine, whether or not you agree with him.

I don't think that The_Starchitect's post(s) constitute trolling as long as it's the buildings that are kept square in his sights, not other members. That said, I also don't think condovo is outside of his rights to challenge him with a little cheek. Most importantly though, I would like to hear how aA could possibly be 'hit or miss' in his eyes, or, at least take up condovo's challenge and 'name a miss.'

Speaking of trolls.. (Targeting a certain member with personal comments, congrats you were just reported) Which obviously you have no idea what the real meaning of the word is...

I have been over MANY times which buildings I like and which I don't. Just because you don't care to read them doesn't mean they don't exist.
I do not dump on aA, I dump on some of their more recent designs because, to me, they are not good.

A miss would be Murano, Casa's podium, what we've seen so far for 90 Harbour, what we've seen so far for 501 Yonge, the shorter 4S tower, 18 Yorkville, etc.

I know, I know, I shouldn't be feeding the troll, but I am entitled to defend myself against such laughably false accusations.

Last edited:

Congrats, you hit a pretentious level I expected from some other aA apologists.

You actually named most of aA's projects I consider hits, funny enough. Though you missed the one I like the most in Ice.
Aura and 88 Scott are great, and some of the most liked projects here, with Aura actually making a visual impact on the city. 90% of people would give these 2 a second glance over many aA designs, and rightfully so. I've criticized Dubai's cheesiness many times before and I don't see what is wrong with Shanghai, maybe your problem with it is that it doesn't look enough like a toddler stacked boxes next to each other?

So of condovo's original list of 10 aA buildings, you 'like' 9.5 of them and add three additional 'dislikes' for Murano, 4S and 18 Yorkville respectively (I'm going to discount the two you haven't seen yet because, well...). At 9.5/13 however, you still 'like' something in the neighborhood of 75% of the firms' work and yet can decisively say, in italics no less, that they are 'very hit and miss.'

I'm curious as to what you don't really like about 88 Scott or Aura? Could you elaborate?

Back