Toronto Brant Park | 35.36m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

This building is fantastic. I guess if I had to say one thing, I wish they had a single large window pane for each window opening.

Workers have been busy this past week laying the concrete sidewalk. Looking good. On a side note, I've notice the extra effort and expense the city is busy at installing a new metal strip at most of the street corners whether repairs are needed or not. In this case, at this project, they did not need to tear up the concrete. Everywhere else, this alone must be costing tens of millions $$. Does anyone know what this city project is called. I've asked my councillor's office M. Layton and got nothing back. I had also asked why we needed these plates to clearly state Made in USA on most of the plates. The office said, as a guess, must have been the cheapest bidder. ( We just had another Canadian steel company go into receivership this week, Essar Steel Algoma in Sault Ste Marie.)

JJ61PFW.jpg

I've noticed that too. It's happening on Eastern and Queen East a lot. I kinda like the gritty industrial look but it's a shame about the USA stamping. But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a'll about economics.

They are for accessibility purposes, so that the blind and other visually impaired persons can know when they are at an intersection. I believe they are mandatory across the province now, they are being put in everywhere.

Here we are complaining about a MADE IN USA product. We should be thankful it's made in the USA, our neighbour and not stamped with MADE IN CHINA.

Today:

brantIMG_9471.JPG
brantIMG_9475.JPG

Attachments

• brantIMG_9471.JPG
    brantIMG_9471.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 1,454
  • brantIMG_9475.JPG
    brantIMG_9475.JPG
    354.3 KB · Views: 1,370
Here we are complaining about a MADE IN USA product. We should be thankful it's made in the USA, our neighbour and not stamped with MADE IN CHINA.
Yet sadly, in another era I suppose, this looks like it would have been an ideal job for the Hammer, an hour down the lake from us.

I work around the corner, most people seem to like this building, and I have heard a number of people refer to it as "the skeleton condo" etc

Back