Toronto Bohemian Embassy Flats + Lofts | ?m | 19s | Pemberton | P + S / IBI

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
24 February 2010:

Adding to the Queen West building again:
dsc00901lj.jpg

One month later, urbandreamer's to the rescue.:)

But damn it, the brown brick looks like sh**.:(

dsc01547d.jpg

dsc01539s.jpg

While the tower stands out from this pov...

dsc01544p.jpg

...the immediate effect while standing on the other side of the street is no, you don't sense the tower over-powering the street at all! The sidewalk is nicely widened here, and you no longer feel like you're in the sticks. Very nice. A pity about the brick colour choosen.

dsc01537u.jpg

dsc01532p.jpg

The brick colour is indeed very poor.
I'm just happy it's not pre-cast or aluminum panels.

Does anyone know if this building is going to have a pedestrian through way from queen?
1204853435-Bohemian%20Embassy%20Siteplan.jpg

bohemian_embassy.jpg

bohemian_embassy.jpg

All of these images suggest that it is open but I wouldn't be surprised to see some big glass doors there when construction completes. It seems like the logical spot for the residential entrance as well. Anyone know?

March 31 2010 update

Southeast Elevations - now on final 19th floor
Click to Enlarge

What I respect about this building is that thewindows' mullions and door frames are not a standard aluminum colour, but rather have a proper matching colour-- in this case a dark grey/black which suits the character of the building and the masonry much better. I'm so sick of buildings using aluminum coloured mullions-- it's way overdone. I'm looking at you, Uptown.

Walking along Queen I didn't even realize that the tower was part of this project. Sudbury Street looks like a forbidden zone with all the construction back in there. That small mall in the second photo has gotta' go.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

That small mall is gonna go--either BJL bought it or someone else did. The entire area will be radically altered over the next 10-15 years--into a Spadina and King-styled 'hood I hope. The view from that ugly Lisgar apartment building is nice, and the rent is much cheaper than a comparable condo...I may move there next.:)

That small mall in the second photo has gotta' go.

Thanks for the updates DT ~

The small plaza southeast of Gladstone & Queen won't be there for long (hopefully) .... Baywood had plans to redevelop that site with a 10 storeys flat-iron style building at one point, but I'm not sure what the status is now given the troubles Baywood has had in the last year forcing them to sell off their sites ~

See thread:
1181 Queen St W (Queen West Triangle, Baywood, 10s)

Here's a couple pics from last weekend of what I think will be my favorite feature of the building: the entrance to the courtyard/pedestrian through-way bit. I love how it lines up with Northcote Ave. This building is way more thought out than I originally gave it credit for.

Attachments

• Boho-Em-s.jpg
    Boho-Em-s.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 241
  • Boho-em2-s.jpg
    Boho-em2-s.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 221

Back