Toronto Bisha Hotel and Residences | 146.91m | 44s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

From today:
IMG_1004.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    880.8 KB · Views: 3,440
Thanks for the updates.

Doesnt really look like the renderings - seems like the brown(?) fins were supposed to extend all the way to the top.

Unless that's still to come.

I wouldn't even call them fins, they are more like pinstripes.
Unfortunately some of them don't seem to line up with the fins below on the hotel floors.

thanks for the video... good views of the building and area. why do you call it the Aisha Hotel though? it's Bisha.

I think it's turning out very well. wish we were seeing more buildings take this approach... it sits in from the property line which means that it can have an inviting space for residents and guests as well as increased curb appeal for passersby. I hate buildings that are right up to the property line that make you feel squeezed for space and you arent able to engage with the building at all while walking by. the other thing I like here is the way they did what might be considered as a podium... but instead of the tower just sitting on top of a box what they did is integrate it so that the building appears to have two wings, one of either side of the main entrance. this looks sharp and reminds me of vaguely of the Empire State Building. (massing at the base only) I wish we would have seen more brick higher up on the tower but I can settle for the rust pin stripes.

From the 24th:

DSC01591.jpg
DSC01592.jpg
DSC01641.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01591.jpg
    DSC01591.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 1,390
  • DSC01592.jpg
    DSC01592.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 882
  • DSC01641.jpg