Toronto Bisha Hotel and Residences | 146.91m | 44s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Today:

bishaP1000086.JPG

Attachments

• bishaP1000086.JPG
    bishaP1000086.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 1,864
This is about as generic as condos get in this city. (such a disappointment) Those tiny brown strips do nothing at all. It's just another grey glass box once you get above the podium.

This is about as generic as condos get in this city. (such a disappointment) Those tiny brown strips do nothing at all. It's just another grey glass box once you get above the podium.

You're right. This is just another boring tower. Just up the street you have Tableau and Picasso which blow this thing out of the water. Even Peter Street Condos which is another glass box is much nicer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll admit I'm disappointed by how anemic the fins become above the podium. I'm glad the renderings show that the crown is very specifically brown again. It will at least give the building more significance on the skyline.

They haven't seemed to have done much to the elevator shaft (presumably that's what it is) running up the back of the building. Is that the aesthetic they are going for? I think the model showed it being grey, but it would be great if it was the same brick brown colour.

I expected more from Mr Khabbouth. I hope the ground level is going to be pretty and animated.

Khabouth's clubs are never particularly extravagant on the outside though, are they? It's once you get inside the doors that you see where the money was spent.

They haven't seemed to have done much to the elevator shaft (presumably that's what it is) running up the back of the building. Is that the aesthetic they are going for? I think the model showed it being grey, but it would be great if it was the same brick brown colour.

Hideous grey, back-painted spandrel is what we can look forward to here.

BishaP1160833.jpg

Attachments

• BishaP1160833.jpg
    BishaP1160833.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,255
Ya, I've seen the images. I was just hoping we would be in for a surprise and get something different. Bad changes seem to be made last minute sometimes. It would be nice if good changes happened once in awhile too.

Back