Toronto Beyond The Sea | ?m | 44s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Filip will do...we tried Queen Margherita and it was good not great..menu is small and the pizza wasnt that great....Sobey is definitely opening up in the Westlake condo project and what I understand LCBO is planning to lease a unit there also...again this is what I heard so unless you see a sign there stating that fact consider it a rumor...This area is going to be hot for sure,King West is already priced out and I read South Etobicoke has the third highest price increases in the GTA for condos..about %20 increased in pricing in 2010!........

here is the link..

http://torontorealestatemarket.net/tag/south-etobicoke/

You mean Metro, not Sobey's.

TOBoy sorry my error,Metro tried a hostile takeover of them in the late 90's.Sobey trying to get in on the new condo projects,I heard they were outbid by Metro for this location.

Both Metro and Sobey's suck price-wise; Metro maybe has better (Quebecois) bread selection. The area needs real trendy little independent shops, but likely due to the types of ppl living there won't get it....think x-905er types...

Really? Most of my neighbours are either new professionals who moved to Toronto for work (and got priced out of downtown) or simply downtown professionals who wanted to live in a resort-like neighbourhood with lots of leisure amenities; close to the core.

EDIT: The very few 'independent, trendy' shops in the Mimico strip nearby have a client base almost exclusively of nearby condo dwellers. Birds and Beans organic coffee, Cafe du Lac and Everest Cuisine are probably the three most popular for them. When the rest of the Mimico strip reflects the new realities of the neighbourhood - then we'll see many more of these trendy shops pop up.

Last edited:
On Marine Parade Dr there is Eden Trattoria (a great Italian restaurant, you can order a coffee to go) and right next to it is a great French cafe that sells Starbucks coffee as well as pastries and other goodies. It a start and as the other developments start building up in Marine Parade expect a lot more. I do agree we need a CIBC in the area, I have to go to the one at Runnymede and Bloor.

Wait another few years and i'm sure you wont have this problem, Eden is always busy so there obviously is money to be made, plus the increase in population their will be plenty of retail options.

from sat
20110430179.jpg

20110430191.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Individually, these are mundane buildings but as a group Humber Bay Shores becomes a pretty impressive skyline.

June 18
I was surprise to see the tower crane up on Tower 2 as it was ready to come down in May. It coming down this week or next, as the jib is in place. The boom is not attach to the jib yet and laying on the roof.
5851203393_48ae0dcfc8_b.jpg

5851753698_4fea084e7f_b.jpg

5851712366_64befe285a_b.jpg

5851699300_d166568872_b.jpg

5851687268_67b7755a94_b.jpg

5851669956_23bc5ea32c_b.jpg

5851665160_18deed2107_b.jpg

5851660478_a9f7139be5_b.jpg

Call me biased because I hate these buildings, but in the roof elements I see a figure reminiscent of a hooded KKK member. The exhaust vents as eyes just complete the look for me.

I just wish the roofs were covered in stainless steel, copper or some other nice metal. I don't like the cheap, painted aluminum. (which is what it looks like)

Call me biased because I hate these buildings, but in the roof elements I see a figure reminiscent of a hooded KKK member. The exhaust vents as eyes just complete the look for me.

KKK hood? That's a bit extreme no?
Don't get me wrong I doesn't see these as the second coming of the L tower or anything like that. They really should of clad the sails in a more presentable material. However I feel the form of these buildings are more interesting then your typical Toronto high rise. Also the their proportions are quite sensible and slimming.

What would you have preferred? Something like that across the street? Or perhaps, 3 more glass boxes... *shudder*

My issue with the "sails" at the top is the patchy-ness of them as a result of the squares being of different shades.

My issue with the "sails" at the top is the patchy-ness of them as a result of the squares being of different shades.

It just looks cheap and badly done. Why is Toronto so bad at finishing these final details? I would think the quality of materials on the roof would be of significant concern. (since it is the most visible part of the building)

Back