Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

It really doesn't look like you can fit a condo in here.

backstageo1.jpg

Who would want to be living beside and have a view of that dirty, ugly, neglected bridge in the picture. That long neglected piece of concrete needs to be renovated or something. It's so dark and dirty going under that thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who would want to be living beside and have a view of that dirty, ugly, neglected bridge in the picture. That long neglected piece of concrete needs to be renovated or something. It's so dark and dirty going under that thing.

I would. Yonge + Esplanade?!?! That's a hot spot my friend. And they're tearing down the overhead for trains at union station and replacing it with glass. Should make for a much better site.

I was hoping that Cityzen, based on their recent track record, would give us more than a "Page + Steele No. 31", in light of the location (and the fact that its beside their L Tower).

The floor plans look solid.

Certainly the J and K plans are very unique and creativity will be required to furnish them. Anyone who prefers privacy in the bedroom when guests are over will certainly appreciate them.

Interesting. Still making my mind up on the design.
Based on that rendering, there does not appear to be any balconies, on the north side anyway.
That is quite a stretched podium. Impressive. No land wasted here. I was so hoping that podium would have some kind of coordination with the collonade on that side of the street.
There is still no hint to the pedestrian bridge to parking for the LTower residents. Tunnel perhaps?
Anyway.. One heck of an 'infill' project. Who would of believed it.

Last edited:

Back