Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

42 , Ed hope to see you guys again in Sept at the info session for this project, this time I wont be wearing pink so look for the hair lol

How can I not support a Y.ES Condo? Especially one so close to Union...

Yes-Union.jpg

Including those that did not make the Top Ten?

Depends on how many suites there are. If there's, say, 300 suites and 300 entries, that would be auspicious. Otherwise, "All suites should be named after losing entries" would also work. Yes, including selections from 11th to last place.

that's a great idea, just make sure they are not the stupid ones.

Well, that's no fun.

They picked the wrong name.:( http://twitter.com/urbanation

# CityzenGroup BACKSTAGE! Congratulations to Adam Thody on winning the contest! Backstage on the Esplande! #whatsmyname about 1 hour ago via HootSuite Retweeted by Urbanation and 2 others

# livesplanade I have been christened 'Backstage'. I feel so cool! I finally have a name! #whatsmyname about 1 hour ago via HootSuite Retweeted by Urbanation and 1 other

Time to rename this thread, I guess.

Backstage is a nice safe name, and was very likely to have been chosen for that reason. It certainly is far from the worst name from that "top 10" list, and ties in to the Sony Centre across the street, so while it was not my favourite name, I have no real complaints about it.

NameOurCondoWinner.jpg

Here's Cityzen head honcho Sam Crignano presenting Adam Thody with his $5,000 prize. Congratulations to Adam and to all involved in this interesting competition.

^Who is the dude in the check shirt? A friend of the contest winner? He looks like he was just passing by and decided to join the photo.

Well, they went with the second of the two I thought they'd go with. I think the contest was probably a huge win for them. They built up excitement, got some free PR, and they have a decent-enough name.

The Final Report is also interesting. Does anyone know anything more about the Public Exhibit Space they mention?

"The 4-storey podium would cover the site in its entirety while the ground floor would
contain such uses as a residential lobby, moving and loading areas, retail space and the
‘Public Exhibit Space’ on levels 1 and 2. The Public Exhibit Space is intended to be part
of the pedestrian realm and accessible to the public throughout the day. The Exhibit
Space is intended to promote public awareness of the heritage aspects of the St. Lawrence
area."

They also have to provide "knock-out" panels for a possible future PATH connection - why isn't this mandated for the entire building so that units can be combined in the future?

^Who is the dude in the check shirt? A friend of the contest winner? He looks like he was just passing by and decided to join the photo.

Well, they went with the second of the two I thought they'd go with. I think the contest was probably a huge win for them. They built up excitement, got some free PR, and they have a decent-enough name.

The Final Report is also interesting. Does anyone know anything more about the Public Exhibit Space they mention?

"The 4-storey podium would cover the site in its entirety while the ground floor would
contain such uses as a residential lobby, moving and loading areas, retail space and the
‘Public Exhibit Space’ on levels 1 and 2. The Public Exhibit Space is intended to be part
of the pedestrian realm and accessible to the public throughout the day. The Exhibit
Space is intended to promote public awareness of the heritage aspects of the St. Lawrence
area."

They also have to provide "knock-out" panels for a possible future PATH connection - why isn't this mandated for the entire building so that units can be combined in the future?

That's Todd from EDGE 102

Hey all,

Renderings are on their way. We'll have them to show in the next little while! In the meantime check out details of the new 'Virtual Broker' program that we just launched.

hmm, while we wait for the renderings, the following from a press release today......

Backstage is located on the southeast corner of Yonge and The Esplanade opposite the Sony Centre. The 36-storey point tower is an elegantly slim glass and steel structure rising from a 4-level podium. The roof of the podium will be a garden in the sky complete with a 55-foot swimming pool and cascading waterfall. The lobby will feature elegant stone accents blending natural materials with contemporary.

rest of press release here......http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Backstage-Invites-Online-Followers-to-Refer-Condo-Buyers-1326292.htm

Back