Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Crazy idea: What about a sorting feature for threads, to differentiate image/update posts and regular discussion?

I bet you many lurkers come to UT threads exclusively for image updates on projects too.

Crazy idea: What about a sorting feature for threads, to differentiate image/update posts and regular discussion?

I bet you many lurkers come to UT threads exclusively for image updates on projects too.

Go here: http://skyrisecities.com/database/projects/aura-college-park then scroll down and click on the little box right under where it says "Member Photos".

One of the many advantages to surfing UrbanToronto via SkyriseCities.

Adding the words "not to sound rude" does not make a post any less rude. If you are tired of what you feel are "ordinary" photos, best way to avoid them is to avoid the thread.

Whenever I read these kinds of posts, I just pretend that the words before "but" don't exist. Case in point:

Not to sound rude, but aren't there enough ordinary pictures of this building already?

DSC_6931.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_6931.jpg
    DSC_6931.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 825
Yes, I feel very sorry for the commercial owners (though they should have looked more carefully at the plans); the problem is not only the promised but non-existent link to the PATH to the south it is the amazingly 3rd rate link between Aura and College Park - one appears to be going into a fire stairway. It might not solve all their problems but it would seem possible (at great cost now) to at least make the whole block from Gerrard to College appear to be one unified underground area.

I bet if this wasn't condo retail, and there was a landlord who was worried about vacancies and retaining tenants, there'd be at least a better connection with College Park and improvements to the layout. As a condo, it's very hard to make any changes. I feel very badly for the owners who bought units down there.

They were promised a connection to PATH and they believed it! Sure at some point there may be one but did none of these people do any research about it? It's pretty easy to see that the PATH ends at Dundas and they are buying at Gerrard. That's a long way and a lot of buildings to go through. I can't see how they have a case unless their contracts show a link to PATH with a specific timeline. I'd be surprised the contract contained something like that.

It seems more likely now that there will be a southern connection eventually with the redevelopment of the World's Biggest Bookstore and the Eaton Chelsea Hotel, but those are both recent developments. It should have been obvious that a southern connection to the PATH from Aura would be at least 15-20 years away at the time of purchase.

The space is failed. The developer sure got out easy with its condo-retail approach.

But at least College Park itself is a relatively successful retail environment, with Metro, Sobey's, Winners, and so on. I think the owners were dreaming when they expected a PATH connection from the south, but they should have at least expected a far better connection to College Park and the subway than what they ended up with.

Back