Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

This photo is a similar angle to the Aura model (though it's flipped to the western facade).

Might help with the actual roof-line verus those low angle Aura renders.

aura-model.jpg

Attachments

• aura-model.jpg
    aura-model.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 627
Looks soo bulky.

it does look bulky, especially from street level, however, the curved portion will help A LOT! also, this thing will be razor thin from the north/south on the skyline.

I often wonder why the setback is so high up on the east facing (Yonge) side. not only is there nothing nearly that tall that it's facing, but from street level, the curved portion will only be a sliver of what people see from below. (hope i'm making sense)

that beige marble is pretty bad, but the stuff you have highlighted in your other photos seems pretty minor. and haven't we gone over the nitpicking like this before?

that beige marble is pretty bad, but the stuff you have highlighted in your other photos seems pretty minor. and haven't we gone over the nitpicking like this before?

It's typical of thedeepend. He's done this before, going out of his way to take photos of a work in progress Aura. Though some of those issues are inexcusable, the fact that he constantly posts photos of some of Aura's poor worksmanship when the building isn't finnished is quite laughable. Then again, what do you expect from a douchebag. May be we should all visit under construction buildings and take photos of JUST the issues as opposed to the building as a whole.

To be honest, those are inexcusable deficiencies. I know people keep saying they will likely be fixed eventually, but I have some serious doubts. People love to make excuses on here as if these deficiencies are merely aesthetic. But think about all the various components and their importance in insulating the building and *especially* keeping water out (given that moisture is the #1 reason for building decay/ building failure).

God be with any of the folks who dropped hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy units in this building. Like lots of the construction in this city (and across Ontario unfortunately), it's bad news bears.

Regardless of his obsessive nitpicking annoying many of you, his photos are interesting and do highlight a pretty strong point.

Then again, what do you expect from a douchebag.

keep it classy, man.

and keep on with those fascinating photographs of spandrel being installed at various condos all over the GTA. i know you are really pouring your heart and soul into them, and it shows.

No more ad hominem from those involved please. Move on.

I quite doubtful that the "patched" stone work would have been fixed, or even noticed upon final inspection. Maybe now it will though as I'm sure the post has been noticed by someone at Canderel.

It does make you wonder about the overall craftsmanship of the building.

Shoddy workmanship seems to be par for the course now. Speed is more important than quality both in the building of larger towers like Aura or even in standard residential homes. I do hope that they don't run into the issue many buildings recently built that use window wall: leaks, especially around areas where there is precast conrete or near soffits due to really poor caulking jobs that don't stand up to the stress put on them when the building settles over the first few years.

I will be curious to see if they cheap out on the cooling towers as well, whcih tends to be a trend now...offer 24/7/365 heating and cooling and then provide water-based colling towers rather than glycol systems.

Back