Toronto Aria | ?m | 19s | Fernbrook Homes | Rafael + Bigauskas

My friends told me the colour selections for their non-penthouse unit is very limited. Only 3 colours to choose for hardwood floors, in oak only. Upgrade from Granite to Quartz kitchen counter top is not allowed (Quartz is only for penthouse units). Pot light upgrade is not available. Downgrade from marble to porcelain tiles in bathrooms has to pay extra. I cannot believe this!

I think your friend is mis-informed. I have already done my colour selections / upgrades for our non-penthouse unit and can confirm that quartz is an upgrade over the standard granite (as are a number of more upscale looking granites).

With respect to the hardwood floors, there are at least 3-4 standard colours with about another eight at least as upgrades.

I felt there was actually quite a bit of selection for the main things like flooring, marbles, granites, cabinets, etc. The only areas in which I felt lacked a good selection were fixtures and paint colours.

My friends told me the colour selections for their non-penthouse unit is very limited. Only 3 colours to choose for hardwood floors, in oak only. Upgrade from Granite to Quartz kitchen counter top is not allowed (Quartz is only for penthouse units). Pot light upgrade is not available. Downgrade from marble to porcelain tiles in bathrooms has to pay extra. I cannot believe this!

I also confirm what the Professor is saying. I finished the upgrade/selection process several days ago and can tell you that from all the condo projects I visited (about 30), this one offers more choices and better quality finishes. In fact, there are so many choices that if you don't go at least one-two times before the oficial two-hour appointment, you'll have hard time to finish in time.The only thing which is correct in your posting is the potlights. And by the way, when you go from marble to porcelain in many cases is an upgrade, not downgrade.

this might be a question for the real estate forum but there's no thread there.

But what's the deal with this project? Is it sold out for Phase 2?

The website has no showroom or contact information.

Hi, there's a big presentation centre on site (25 buchan court). I think there are few more units left for both phases. I suggest you go there, get the prices and layouts and also you can see all the standard and upgrade options for the units (very nice selection IMHO).

Phase I has only a handful of suites remaining (the usual 'leftovers') while Phase II has a slightly better selection of suites still available. I took some pictures of the project a few days ago which I'll try and upload shortly.

Here are some pictures I took when I was on site yesterday

Occupancy for my unit (already built and in the pictures) is tentatively sheduled for June 2010, though I have no idea how that would be possible, I'm thinking this time next year is more realistic.

Edit: Pictures are of phase I only. Phase II is behind this and is a couple of floor behind.

Attachments

• Aria 1.JPG
    Aria 1.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 331
  • Aria 2.JPG
    Aria 2.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 307
  • Aria 3.JPG
    Aria 3.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 293
November 22 2009 update

Aria 1 @ 8th floor - northwest / west / south / southeast elevations

Aria 2 @ 5th floor - west (x3) / south elevations

I live around the area and when I saw the sign, immediately came up with this.
But alas, no one will get the reference :(

ariacondo.jpg

Last edited:
care to elaborate EFSF Jaburo ??

search 'aria' pics on google

off topic but reading/watching this series will make you appreciate this condo more (name value).. it's that good

Thanks for the update Solaris, you seem to get out there more often than I do so feel free to update when you can.

Once they reach floor 11 for phase one it should really pick up as the building floor plate will be less than half what it is now.

Solaris, thanks for the pictures. They really have advanced with the construction. If the weather continues to cooperate, the builder may meet the deadline.

Also hopefully when it's finally built, it won't stay half empty as is the Arc Condo @ Sheppard/Bayview due to mostly investment purchases.

given the unit types mix and prices points, I suspect will Aria be a 'owner occupied' rather than 'investor/tenant' building ... unlike Arc Condominiums

Back