Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I'm amazed what a couple twists will do. Right now, I find the window wall looks like Absolute shit. It doesn't look good for these towers stacked up against Murano/Burano nevermind the Erickson or the countless other trendy, twisty towers.

There's just no pleasing some people.....:rolleyes:

I'm amazed what a couple twists will do. Right now, I find the window wall looks like Absolute shit. It doesn't look good for these towers stacked up against Murano/Burano nevermind the Erickson or the countless other trendy, twisty towers.

I agree that, so far, the glass/window tiles do not blow me away. But the twists, which are becoming more apparent with each floor, are something else and it looks unreal. Great design.

Also, I'm convinced that once the balconies are finished and the concrete is painted they windows will look less awkward.

looking beyond the 'twist', I'll have to agree with maestro that the curtain wall / spandrels on these 2 towers are pretty sterile / grey / cold looking

but I suppose that feeling could be improved once the balcony railing glass goes up ... and on a positive note, one may get so blown away by the 'twisting' effect of the towers when completed they may not even notice the less inviting exterior wall finishing :D

IMG_july_07_09_0015.jpg

July 25

If you look at the point, it is moving to the left as it goes up.
IMG_july-25-09-0004.jpg

IMG_july-25-09-0005.jpg

IMG_july-25-09-0006.jpg

IMG_july-25-09-0008.jpg

The ground floor will not be completed until mid Aug at this point.
IMG_july-25-09-0009.jpg

IMG_july-25-09-0016.jpg

IMG_july-25-09-0025.jpg

IMG_july-25-09-0026.jpg

Peaking it's head above Sq One
IMG_july-25-09-0031.jpg

You can really see the "twist" now...

And the forman advises me that they are about to switch to the ACS system ala Trump...

All loose material...No more fly tables...

http://www.absolutecondos.com/fp_5_e.pdf

http://www.absolutecondos.com/fp_5_j.pdf

I love this building too and what it brings to the city of mississauga. Exterior design is second to none. However has anybody viewed some of the floorplans and the ackward spaces inside? Seems to me you would need some pretty custom furniture or some creative furniture placement techniques to make these units esthetically pleasing. Would these units be a tougher sell, especially in today's market?

July 27 2009 update

please pardon the poor quality cell phone camera ~

Absolute World 1's now on the 13th floor ...

DSC00312.jpg

New rendering posted on SCC of the podium. Looks great!

Absolute_Lofts.jpg

Looks like it is made up lofts and what appears to be ground floor retail.

Back