Toronto 77 Charles West | 65.83m | 16s | Aspen Ridge | HOK

Yes I think that's the site. It's not very big but the print ad states that there will be only 50 units in the building (starting at $1.2)

The site is currently used as offices for Lycee Francais and another non-profit organization. Here is the final report to the Toronto East York Community Council:

www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it004.pdf

I believe Archivistower posted an image of the infamous ad on Globe and Mail that showed the building a bunch of lines and nothing more.

AoD

"I believe Archivistower posted an image of the infamous ad on Globe and Mail that showed the building a bunch of lines and nothing more."

A-ha! I remember the rendering now.

SeventySevenCharlesWest.jpg

http://p083.ezboard.com/ftorontoskyscraperforumfrm4.showMessage?topicID=5182.topic

Is it my imagination, or has the building come more into focus since we last saw the rendering?

And now every time I see this rendering I start humming that a-ha song!

^ I wonder if the building, if and when finally built, will still have that effect on me, as I wander by in five years time?

Strange how certain locations prompt certain songs. Sometimes, on a nice summer day when I stroll the leafy avenue that leads to my summer palace, my head fills with:

I have often walked down this street before
But the pavement always stayed beneath my feet before.
All at once am I several stories high
Knowing I'm on the street where you live ...

There is a large, detailed rendering, too big for me to scan, in today's Real Estate section of the Globe. It rather resembles a 1 University with balconies, which is to say, quite nice. It will offer a thoughtful view up St. Thomas.

Very nice design - Charles and St. Thomas would be a neat place to compare and contrast different architectural styles applied to condo design in the future.

AoD

Criminy! Did they have Trish Romance paint that ad? I wanna live in that city! Where is that?!

Of course there may be a fire in the lobby reaching up 6 floors, but it does look cozy.

It's a beauty of a building. Now, where did I put my lottery winnings?

pro-green-glass 42

I can't think, offhand, of another rendering that's set in wintertime. Good for them.

But ye gods, that building's ugly.

Ugly? Ugly!?

Copious glass, horizontal banding, generous balconies, asymmetry...

It's a looker.

Back