Toronto 77 Charles West | 65.83m | 16s | Aspen Ridge | HOK

The difference is that Aspen Ridge has a very professional and well respected marketing firm hired to promote, advertise and sell their product. The picture everyone is jumping all over is just a teaser campaign for a new project and will likely fit in with a consistent theme for the rest of the advertising. There is a wide gulf between Mr. Stinson's methods and successful developers like Aspen Ridge.

If Harry released this I would be surprised by the increased level of professionalism that demonstrated that he was taking a more hands off approach and allowing a real sales and marketing firm take on a full fledged campaign free of Harry's constant meddling.

^ Ditto.

I see nothing wrong with the picture or its teasing elements. You are either interested in that area and price-range or you are not. A glossy computer rendering is probably not needed to get the right people interested and the real estate brokers and agents acting.

What an awful, inexpert rendering.
All done in 2B pencil, it looks like. And not even particularly well sharpened.

As for people making apologetics for it, ask yourself: WWHFD?
(Hugh Ferris)

Well, Hugh Ferriss would puke, but they're not trying to do High Ferriss here. All they're trying to do is say "there's a new condo with a view going in at the bottom of the street". Like MikeinTO says, it's just a teaser, and it's deliberately vague so that you'll pay more attention when they reveal more detail in the future.

Everybody: try to get some relaxation in tonight.

The illustration does have a certain appeal...depending on the other design choices they make for the campaign, it could be a very good move.

The goal of the rendering is ultimately to sell product, not necessarily provide a realistic/semi-realistic portrayal of the building.

Welcome to the A-ha, formerly known as Seventy Seven Charles West. Condominiums of indistinction for people who prefer to blur the boundaries between reality and fantasy.

The A-ha. Take on me, starting at 1.2 million.

Condominium Residences where St.Thomas meets Charles West ... somewhere ... approximately.

Here's who might live there
stick%20figure.GIF

77 Charles Street West

There's an advertisment in today's Toronto Life for Aspen Ridge's new project 77 Charles Street West. No photos yet, this is on the south side of Charles across from One St. Thomas.
77charles.com

Not exactly across from One St. Thomas - it's the site of the French school. Poor damn Charles Street.

Minto is building across from One St. Thomas - 77 Charles West is on the south side.

Lots of change on that little street.

^ Really? I hadn't heard that. What lot are they building on? Is this the end of Stephenson House?

I think it used to belong to the United Church - which sold it's headquarters on St. Clair for condos a decade ago and consolodated all of it's offices in an office building on Bloor West.

I think there is a Lycee in that building on Charles now.

Back