Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

Um no? I'm not sure where you're drawing the similarities.

The scotia bank building carries all the important characteristics and beautifying elements of an Art Deco building, whilst the Simpson's tower left out almost all of the geometric design features important in the brutalistic style.

The fact that you refer to "the brutalistic style" shows you're not all that tutored in your judgment.

Today:

33444505274_d9e19bbd14_b.jpg

It would be so much less ugly if they instead of that white spandrel used black spandrel.

Truly an improvement. I mean no tea no shade no pink lemonade, but this building was absolutely horrendous and the fact that it's getting fixed is everything to so many people. Werq mawmuh.

This re-clad makes me feel ill. I'm not anti re-cladding, it obviously needs to be done, but the original design of the building shouldn't be absolutely raped in the process.

Or if they wish to rape it then at least give us something that's even better.

Truly an improvement. I mean no tea no shade no pink lemonade, but this building was absolutely horrendous and the fact that it's getting fixed is everything to so many people. Werq mawmuh.

The point in my earlier post in this thread still holds.
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/simpsons-tower-401-bay-st-re-clad.20564/page-19#post-1200827

Oh, and you're not helping things by using terms like "hoes" in other posts, or with attitudes a la "Okay that book you wrote wasn't necessary. Don't act like an expert architecture connoisseur." in the Lago thread--to say nothing of the "I'm not wasting my time, but the bullying on here needs to stop. I'm taking action and calling the authorities. Prepare to hear from my lawyers. See you in court sweaty" post in that same thread tonight. If you're going to act this juvenile in UT, you don't belong in UT.

The point in my earlier post in this thread still holds.
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/simpsons-tower-401-bay-st-re-clad.20564/page-19#post-1200827

Oh, and you're not helping things by using terms like "hoes" in other posts, or with attitudes a la "Okay that book you wrote wasn't necessary. Don't act like an expert architecture connoisseur." in the Lago thread--to say nothing of the "I'm not wasting my time, but the bullying on here needs to stop. I'm taking action and calling the authorities. Prepare to hear from my lawyers. See you in court sweaty" post in that same thread tonight. If you're going to act this juvenile in UT, you don't belong in UT.

So basically you're stalking me and my previous comments. Unfortunate.

If I said "If you can't love yourself..." what would you say to that? Haha

This was one of my favourite buildings of its era in the city prior to the acid attack that is this re-clad, and I know for a fact that's an opinion shared by many.

Back