Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

They are adding more leasable space to probably offset the costs of the renovations. Unfortunately, It needs windows.

Edit. Probably an expanding corporate centre in case the elevators don't go to the new 33rd floor.

This just sucks.

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9709.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9703.jpg
    IMG_9703.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 646
  • IMG_9709.jpg
    IMG_9709.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 715

Are they putting another piece of glass over the existing one? kind of hard to tell just by looking at the posted pictures, but it looks like that is happening. And if so will they remove the older ones from the inside? Would appreciate it if someone who knows could answer. Thanks!

Last edited:
Your right Salsa ! It does suck! No respect for restoration in this city. Its easy to reclad with the same old blue green white look. If they're going to do that at least keep with in the warm tone colours!

Loving the revamp!!! The older version looked so dusty and crusty and musty and ugly. I don't even feel bad for all the stuff old hoes upset over this.

As ugly as this building used to be, this renovation is shaping up to be so much worse. This is the same cladding they used on that University Ave reclad. It looks like cheap siding, not something that belongs on an office tower.

If they were doing a renovation I wish it was far more extensive so we'd never have to be sadly reminded of what this building was once.

Loving the revamp!!! The older version looked so dusty and crusty and musty and ugly. I don't even feel bad for all the stuff old hoes upset over this.

You're only 18. You're young enough to be the child of Spacing magazine's creators. And you probably don't even know what Spacing is.

I'm not saying that I like it. I preferred it how it was and I'm super concerned that the crown will be ruined - but it is not AS BAD as I was thinking it would be. It seems like they are keeping the glass dark. I was really sad that the brown glass would disappear. Unless they are just not at that point.
It definitely sucks though.

Back