Toronto 34 Southport | 99m | 29s | State Building Group | Richmond Architects

This one has been dead for a very long time. Poor sales even at the hieght of the boom.

Even Brampton is better than this . This one belongs in suburban Montreal.

I thought this Georgian project got cancelled ??

khristopher, are you certain this is in fact a 'NEW' application, or is it just old news floating around on the internet?

The site was cancelled. Georgian is selling the site (land) throught BMO Capital Markets Real Estate. There was an ad in the Globe for the sale several months ago.

Also, the originally proposed development for this site (18-storey slab of 265k sf + 50k sf of retail) already has OMB approval.

This is the second time they tried to put a condo there and both times have failed.

After a long time with no news ... Georgian Group has sold this site, to State Building Corporation, a relatively small builder. They presently have one project under way, in Thornhill near the Promenade Mall. We'll see what kind of proposal comes forward here.

This property is, IMO, in a good location, near the Queensway and Gardiner., and not really that far from the subway (10 min?). High Park is within easy walking distance, and it's not like a condo development here would be the first in the neighbourhood. In spite of the recent history, I would have to think that a decently designed project would have good market appeal.

good to hear that State Building Group now controls this site, who does only high-rises unlike Georgian (whom builds primarily single family dwellings) ... State Building Group is in fact the high-rise division of Forest Hill Homes, their portfolio only includes 2 towers @ Promenade Park (as OW noted) and 3 towers @ Hillside York Mills, I've toured the Hillside project and it looks magnificent ~

http://www.foresthillhomes.ca/

Not that it implies anything concrete but there has been in the past weeks some demolition going on to get rid of the old Shoppers Drug Mart and the rest of the plaza. About 5 or 6 month ago the plaza was on fire but it was just for filming.

It will be far easier for them to sell condos here if that eyesore of a plaza is long gone... so maybe the new owner has a proposal in the works.

Here are a few pics of the plaza demolished. The security guard at the building just south of here told my friend, who lives there, that the Shoppers Drug Mart will be used for the sales centre. Good idea.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 396
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 406
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 398

Back