Toronto 34 Southport | 99m | 29s | State Building Group | Richmond Architects

^No, the tower's fine, but those townhouses modeled after the house in PSYCHO are inappropriate in any context.

"As for the Kings Way...another disappointment"

not yet - pretty good chance it won't be built

hmm. i actually like the townhouses and how the glass tower emerges from them... am i weird?...

The Windermere/Queensway tower is quite cool - I am looking forward to the balcony railings, etc., being added to finish the overall sleek look.

I am entriely perplexed however, as to what it is that stops that city 19 times out of 20 from building townhouses that are appropriately modern for their time, and appropriate to their local context. I don't know who Cresford had design the condo, but I think they did such a good job on it that the townhouses' Vic-Schtick architecture is all the more glaringly absurd in comparison.

...so I'd like to thank Cresford, award them with a prize for the tower, and then bitch-slap them for the townhouses.

"The tower is quite cool "

I actually find it quite bulky and blah

^
You're right. It is an awkward tower as well. It has some interesting curves, but is also quite bulky.

Residences of King's Way (18s, Arsenault)

King's Way building.gif
aainc_kingsway.jpg

This project is an 18-storey, 322 unit condominium building with 2 1-storey commercial buildings on the site comprising 50,732 sq. ft. of space. Currently in the Design/Development phase for the Georgian Corporation, it is still in it’s early stages awaiting approvals from the City of Toronto.

Client: Georgian Corporation
Area: 275,340 sq. ft.

The French name deceived me into assuming that they were a decent, if slightly boring firm. Then I checked their online portfolio.

...Terrible.

Back