Toronto 316 Bloor West | 121.14m | 37s | State Building Group | Kirkor

...it's not the height I have an issue with here. It's a Kirkor blight that we have to stare at for the ages...and the ARA completely misses that point here. /sigh

Update: Shoring rig has now been moved off site...

...although not moved from mind, as the same rig now appears in aiding shoring prep for the new Spadina entrance on Lowther. So it maybe back whence that's done.

Back on January 4th, the City of Toronto filed notice of appeal of the CoA decision here, sending this to TLAB.

On the heels of that, the matter came before Council this week, with the pro forma mandate for City Legal to attend the hearing in opposition being sought.

That was approved, with amendments.

Reasons for the Appeal stated here:

1707334808208.png

Report to Council, here:

Motion (amendment):

1707334937487.png

With that, we now see the Councillor is prepared to support the additional height, so as the benefits packages rises commensurately.

That strikes me as entirely reasonable and fair.

The TLAB appeal of the Minor Variance has been withdrawn. The Decision of the Committee of Adjustment is now Final and Binding.

This is now good to go at 37-storeys upon satisfaction of the conditions laid out in the notice of decision (including TTC technical review).

The TLAB appeal of the Minor Variance has been withdrawn. The Decision of the Committee of Adjustment is now Final and Binding.

This is now good to go at 37-storeys upon satisfaction of the conditions laid out in the notice of decision (including TTC technical review).

I imagine that means that the applicant saw reason, and opted to meet the request of Councillor Saxe.

Just so everyone knows, this is 499 units with 3 elevators. Third worst building in the hundreds I'm tracking...
Glad to see that the province could care less about having situations like this. And i'll just assume since they were cheap enough to go with just 3 elevators here, they'll probably go with some cheap elevator cabs so 1 will probably be broken half of the time.

This is appallingly bad and i'd never want to live in a cattle heard building like this.

Back