Toronto 316 Bloor West | 121.14m | 37s | State Building Group | Kirkor

How many years of vacant (or surface parking) lot are we going to be treated to here? Goodie...

The site IS going to be excavated imminently because the TTC is going to do work on the streetcar platform below. (at least that's the impression and budget at the TTC last I saw)

While, it is conceivable they could just back fill over that work for a surface parking lot, that would seem exceedingly wasteful financially.

I imagine this one will be pushed forward, so as to save backfilling and digging all over again.

I believe next door will push ahead near concurrently. Unless you're hearing something different.

Just routine maintenance or anything new customer-facing for the 510 platform?

Platform extension to the east.

If coordination were maximized, the TTC is also looking at a Concourse extension to the west, a connection to the proposed building on the N-W corner of Spadina/Bloor and an additional vertical circulation point to the Line 2 Platforms.

While, it is conceivable they could just back fill over that work for a surface parking lot, that would seem exceedingly wasteful financially.
If it does end up being so, I'll be taking this up with my City Councillor...who happens to be Green leaning, I thinks..

...she may not be able to do anything other than hear me vent though. But vent, I most certainly will! >.<

Taken 3 December.

IMG_5515.jpeg

Update: Scaffolding has now been removed...

...and now with that building gone that corner is starting to feel more like a burb from Burlington. Just ripe for that Kirkor "special" to be plonked down there to hit that burb feeling ball all the way home. /sigh

To note: They did leave the site unbackfilled...if there is a word. I suspect that may have something to do with perhaps getting better access to prep work for said platform extension...

...or they just haven't gotten around to back filling it yet because it's Christmas in less than two weeks.

Back