Toronto 310 Front West | 235.5m | 69s | H&R REIT | Hariri Pontarini

I see from the comments that city council had some pushback to this proposal but I really hope when it's all said and done that it ends up something similar to what is proposed currently.

Really think this is a beautiful building, and especially like the lights at the top.

I see from the comments that city council had some pushback to this proposal but I really hope when it's all said and done that it ends up something similar to what is proposed currently.

Really think this is a beautiful building, and especially like the lights at the top.
I'm in favour for a really tall skyscraper here. But I'm sick of the all glass towers from the podium upwards. Some people might hate these existing trio towers. But I think at least the facade should be saved. And build one huge very tall skyscraper in the middle of all three towers. Having a huge glass winter garden atrium that stands as tall as the three existing towers. Putting a larger scale tower on top of it. Creating more breathing space between buildings around it!

I'm in favour for a really tall skyscraper here. But I'm sick of the all glass towers from the podium upwards. Some people might hate these existing trio towers. But I think at least the facade should be saved. And build one huge very tall skyscraper in the middle of all three towers. Having a huge glass winter garden atrium that stands as tall as the three existing towers. Putting a larger scale tower on top of it. Creating more breathing space between buildings around it!
Personally, I really like this proposal but I actually do agree with you on the all glass podium to tower trend.

There are some beautiful all glass towers and proposals but the all glass everything is really overdone. I would like to see more brickwork and stone, concrete, what have you, instead of all glass on the ground level. It doesn't feel as human friendly, nor does it make any podium these days really all that memorable.

There are photos back in this thread that would suggest there will be another building with an L shaped podium built to replace the other two buildings.

It seems only older buildings and buildings that have heritage status get the add on treatment... I have nothing against these buildings, in some ways I do think it would be nice to save some of it. But it just doesn't seem to happen unless a building is about 50 years old... we should learn to appreciate architecture that is not quite that old but not exactly new either.

Personally, I really like this proposal but I actually do agree with you on the all glass podium to tower trend.

There are some beautiful all glass towers and proposals but the all glass everything is really overdone. I would like to see more brickwork and stone, concrete, what have you, instead of all glass on the ground level. It doesn't feel as human friendly, nor does it make any podium these days really all that memorable.

There are photos back in this thread that would suggest there will be another building with an L shaped podium built to replace the other two buildings.

It seems only older buildings and buildings that have heritage status get the add on treatment... I have nothing against these buildings, in some ways I do think it would be nice to save some of it. But it just doesn't seem to happen unless a building is about 50 years old... we should learn to appreciate architecture that is not quite that old but not exactly new either.
I appreciate you understanding my point of view ! There's not too much cladding around these windows today. It's so easy to create an all glass facades to save money. And it works great for office buildings. But I worry about some major sonic boom etc. hitting this area and blowing out the windows some day. Thats could take out a whole window wall not just the window . Not so great for those who live most of the time in a all glass condo with different temperature changes lol!! And that's already happened in some places in this world!

Site Plan Approval Filed:

1651136587089.png

I think this development has expanded to include 320 Front W and the footprint of 330. There are 2 notice boards for these proposals at the site.

View attachment 454926

Interesting find!

There are no new docs on the existing application file as yet, nor is there any evidence of a re-submission. But that may well be forthcoming.

It sad to see these buildings get torn down for more glass and balcony looking towers! Build a supertall in the middle between all three buildings and keep the facades on the the outer part of buildings to create one huge podium for the tower above !

It sad to see these buildings get torn down for more glass and balcony looking towers! Build a supertall in the middle between all three buildings and keep the facades on the the outer part of buildings to create one huge podium for the tower above !
I disagree about getting rid of the old buildings. I have always hated this development and felt it would have been better placed out by the airport or some suburban office park than in such a prominent location in the downtown core. I like the first proposed building that looks to keep the hexagon shape of the existing building. the other render that shows a boxy building with a tall podium section would be crime against humanity if it ever gets built. why not just do 3 hex shaped buildings? that would be way more beautiful and unique than having one hex shaped building awkwardly framed by a boxy building and podium. basic rules of architecture were flushed down the toilet in this city years ago. but lets hope this development pressure eventually spreads to the nearby CBC building another hideous eyesore that is too "vertically challenged" to occupy such a prominent spot on Front St.

Last edited:
I think this development has expanded to include 320 Front W and the footprint of 330. There are 2 notice boards for these proposals at the site.

View attachment 454926
That was already caught back in 2021 in post #43 in this thread, It would be interesting to see if there's actual progress on that phase or not.

Back