Oct 31
More up on my site in various places as shot from different locations
53309931903_9cc740a250_b.jpg

53310156425_5da4b03cba_b.jpg

53310156320_a5600024c0_b.jpg

53309931378_89c45bd1f5_b.jpg

53308873972_8f398b90de_b.jpg

53308873852_ef1fd1ff1c_b.jpg

In what way is this an "eyesore."? Whoever wrote this should go live out somewhere in a bush in the middle of nowhere where there are no buildings around.

That lighting is an absolute eyesore. It looks like a tacky Christmas Tree from the 80's in the heart of the city. The building is nice, and with the right lighting it will be nice. When they light it up like this it's looks like Lite Bright from the 80's.

il_fullxfull.4747525964_fx79.jpg

Last edited:
In what way is this an "eyesore."? Whoever wrote this should go live out somewhere in a bush in the middle of nowhere where there are no buildings around.

This is what a properly lit building looks like:

161108210322-01-empire-state-building-1108.jpg

Oct 31
More up on my site in various places as shot from different locations
53308873972_8f398b90de_b.jpg

I had much higher hopes for this one. At least they tried designing something interesting but the sooner this south side gets blocked from view, the better. Will have to look at this wall of sterile green nothingness till Union Centre rises. A long wait.

It always shocks me how billions of dollars can be spent in just a few blocks of the city and we still don't end up with an attractive result. There's a whole lot of ugly in that shot. The Delta podium? Elevated walkway? Hotel InterContinental? Convention Centre? RBC Centre? PWC (Bremner Tower)? Ritz-Carlton and 200 Front St. West are ok, but the rest? Sheeesh!

Last edited:
^I am going to speculate that Union Centre will either be completely repackaged or sold off.
I'm going to postulate instead, that along with Union Park, The Hub and 191 Bay St, I suspect they are biding their time till the economy picks up again. Or alternatively, if not...or not in a way they where expecting, then their plans will probably change.

...good news for this Terrace though, as it's unlikely going to crowded out anytime soon with those upstarts.

This is definitely one of the better additions to the city lately and it fits in so nicely too. The angled roofline and curves really make it stand out and the night lighting is the cherry on top.

I had much higher hopes for this one. At least they tried designing something interesting but the sooner this south side gets blocked from view, the better. Will have to look at this wall of sterile green nothingness till Union Centre rises. A long wait.

It always shocks me how billions of dollars can be spent in just a few blocks of the city and we still don't end up with an attractive result. There's a whole lot of ugly in that shot. The Delta podium? Elevated walkway? Hotel InterContinental? Convention Centre? RBC Centre? PWC (Bremner Tower)? Ritz-Carlton and 200 Front St. West are ok, but the rest? Sheeesh!
I will hold my finial assessment on the park until the 2nd phase is done, but disappointed with some of it, but great for train watching.

Try a few ties in the past to get to see the park, but wasn't ready to open yet.

Union Park is a decade or so down the road in the market we have now along with s number of projects on the books.

I will hold my finial assessment on the park until the 2nd phase is done, but disappointed with some of it, but great for train watching.

Try a few ties in the past to get to see the park, but wasn't ready to open yet.

Union Park is a decade or so down the road in the market we have now along with s number of projects on the books.
Park? I think you mean the CIBC park, yes?

Back