Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

TD Terrace (And Friends) in the Thursday Afternoon Sun
1000002053.jpg

20231101_174551.jpg

Perhaps Mies would feel that way because we've veered from the simplicities of space in architecture and the beauty of integrating small elements of interior detailing into the design.
I think one of his biggest objections would be that most contemporary buildings don't display the materiality of their building elements, though this is a much more stylistic change in architecture.
It's a very different building from any of the TD Centre towers, but technological advancements have been at least somewhat responsible for some of this, and of course interpretations in architectural theory since late modernism (mid to late 60's).

I’m sure they are just tuning and testing right now but I genuinely appreciate how colourful it has the potential to be.

I like it. Toronto design always feels like it has to be cool and serious and inoffensive - it’s kind of refreshing to see this level of kitsch in a city that can be painfully unfun.

Perhaps Mies would feel that way because we've veered from the simplicities of space in architecture and the beauty of integrating small elements of interior detailing into the design.
I think one of his biggest objections would be that most contemporary buildings don't display the materiality of their building elements, though this is a much more stylistic change in architecture.
It's a very different building from any of the TD Centre towers, but technological advancements have been at least somewhat responsible for some of this, and of course interpretations in architectural theory since late modernism (mid to late 60's).
So is Brookfield Place, that other TD building...is about as far from a Mies as my avatar is from being an architecture critic. >.<

We need lasers beaming out from a tower one day...
One that can rival Luxor in Vegas!

Yes, Luxor is closer to Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) than TD Terrace is to Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ) and LAS is much larger and busier than YTZ.

If Luxor's light beam doesn't affect LAS operations, then TD Terrace's laser beams shouldn't affect YTZ operations.

Back